Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    IB is horrible. I am a 9th grader and I recently joined IB at the begining of the year, I was told it was gonna be hard but I had no idea it was this hard. I thought I could take it at the begining, I was doing pretty good too, but my dad says anxiety runs in the family and I have always felt it, so with IB it started to feel like overload. But i just kept at it, because i don't want to quit. But now, i'm starting to burn out, I can't do it anymore. I am so stressed out all the time, and i never feel like doing my homework at an attempt to relax and release stress but it never works out because i try to do it all at the last minute. I have already decided to transfer to my neighborhood school next month, but I'm not sure what to do till then. Should I try to work? But its incredibly hard, I border mental breakdowns since I'm so stressed, and this burn out feeling makes me really not want to do it anymore. So instead should I just stop trying so hard, just do a bit of work but not give my best and not kill myself in this last month?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JanJanTheMan)
    IB is horrible. I am a 9th grader and I recently joined IB at the begining of the year, I was told it was gonna be hard but I had no idea it was this hard. I thought I could take it at the begining, I was doing pretty good too, but my dad says anxiety runs in the family and I have always felt it, so with IB it started to feel like overload. But i just kept at it, because i don't want to quit. But now, i'm starting to burn out, I can't do it anymore. I am so stressed out all the time, and i never feel like doing my homework at an attempt to relax and release stress but it never works out because i try to do it all at the last minute. I have already decided to transfer to my neighborhood school next month, but I'm not sure what to do till then. Should I try to work? But its incredibly hard, I border mental breakdowns since I'm so stressed, and this burn out feeling makes me really not want to do it anymore. So instead should I just stop trying so hard, just do a bit of work but not give my best and not kill myself in this last month?
    If you're transferring next month anyway, and the grades you get in IB now don't mean anything, I wouldn't beat myself up for this last month if I couldn't handle the stress. Don't just do nothing at all, try and keep up to some extent with what you're doing now, but don't force yourself to give every last ml of life in your body.

Don't expect a miraculous change though, that your new school will be a piece of cake, high school is difficult (I'm guessing you mean IB diploma?), whatever programme you do Try and manage your time a bit more effectively next time and do work sooner rather than the day before its due. That's the most basic advice to get out of the stress, it realy works And stay strong!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.