Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I wear this purple dress to go to a wedding party? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I love purple very much, so this is why I love this dress. It looks chic and elegant with so many three-dimensional flowers on it. And I have to go to a Christmas wedding party this month. I really want to buy this dress, but one thing I concerned about is that will this dress upstage the bride's graceful bearing? In that case, it will be considered rude...
    http://www.mltailor.com/products/she...601-_8961.html

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, this is a very elaborate dress.

I don't think you need to worry about upstaging the bride as wedding dresses are gorgeous.

I couldn't pull off this dress, I would look like a horrific purple meringue! Too ruffly for my weight!

That dress looks like if you crumpled up a load of these wrappers and stuck them all together:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Hzoi4FFPMj...purple-one.jpg

ReputationRep:
      If you can pull this dress off, then I would say go for it but cover your shoulders and maybe wear some black tights?
      It is a very cute dress

ReputationRep:
      That would never upstage a brides dress.
      I was imagining something like this:
      Spoiler:
      Show

You have nothing to worry about, wear it.

ReputationRep:
      hi jellyuyan
      your dress is superb.
      surely it will not upstage a brides dress.
      just go for it

ReputationRep:
      I love it.

ReputationRep:
      Thank you all.

ReputationRep:
      It's an amazing dress, i would say go for it, you won't up stage the bride, but you might upstage the bridesmaids!!!

ReputationRep:
      Its quite a unique looking dress, and would stand out but wouldn't upstage the bride!
      x

ReputationRep:
      That is a really beautiful dress. :o:

(No homo).

ReputationRep:
      Good lord. Do not wear that to a wedding/party. It just screams 'Look at me'. Not appropriate.

ReputationRep:
      It's a little tacky but each to their own. I don't think you will upstage the bride.

ReputationRep:
      I don't like it, sorry And it makes the model look quite big, when you can obviously tell from her legs that she's absolutely tiny.

In terms of the other stuff, I'd say its just about suitable for a wedding reception. But if you were going to the church service it would be a bit inappropriate.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.