Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Living in Germany for a month Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I am going to be living in Germany for 4-6 weeks next summer, because I am undertaking an internship at a Law Firm in Frankfurt (am Main).

Does anyone know, or have an idea, how much it would cost to stay in a basic hotel for that long? Or are there any other options available to me?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Staying in a hostel would be a hell of a lot cheaper, just depends on whether you would find that convenient for a whole month?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haaaza23)
    Hey all,

I am going to be living in Germany for 4-6 weeks next summer, because I am undertaking an internship at a Law Firm in Frankfurt (am Main).

Does anyone know, or have an idea, how much it would cost to stay in a basic hotel for that long? Or are there any other options available to me?

why dont you rent a furnished serviced apartment? or a weekly rental ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I'm staying in Germany for a month, also in Summer

How's your Deutsch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    I'm staying in Germany for a month, also in Summer

How's your Deutsch?
    Deutsch kann ich naturlich sprechen, da ich das Praktikum bei einer Anwaltsfirma absolvieren werde! Nicht fliessend muss ich sagen aber genug, in Deutschland zu wohnen.

I hope you understood that! haha.
    Where abouts will you be staying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p+i+n+k)
    why dont you rent a furnished serviced apartment? or a weekly rental ?
    This sounds good...I'll look into it - thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Deutsch kann ich naturlich sprechen, da ich das Praktikum bei einer Anwaltsfirma absolvieren werde! Nicht fliessend muss ich sagen aber genug, in Deutschland zu wohnen.

Berlin; with Goethe institute hopefully

ReputationRep:

Hi, ich lebe seit 24 Jahren in Deutschland. Dein Deutsch ist wirklich sehr gut. Du wirst Dich sehr gut verständigen können. Du hast nur ein paar kleine Fehler gemacht.
    So lauter der Satz korrigiert:

Deutsch kann ich natürlich sprechen, da ich das Praktikum bei einer Anwaltsfirma absolvieren werde! Nicht fließend (nach einem Doppellaut flogt ein 'ß', auch wenn die Grundform mit 'ss' geschrieben wird) muss ich sagen, aber genug um in Deutschland zu wohnen.

Viel Glück

ReputationRep:

Yes, I understodd, too. :-D

but hard to judge the fulency or quality of your language by only one single sentence.

I would recommend a hostel, too if you don´t have any friends living nearby.

ReputationRep:
    How about searching for a flat with other young people? There must be websites somewhere that advertise similar to UK ones. That way you'll have some people to hang out with and make new friends.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.