Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically, I'm in my last year of my Bachelors of Commerce program in India. I am giving my GMAT next week. I have two options:
    a) I have already got a job secured after I graduate. Should I work for 2 years(money is decent enough for a 21-year old) and then try for an MBA or a Masters?
    b) Apply for a masters directly after completion of my bachelors.
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    varun

You've stated the benefits of working for a couple of years, but not the benefits of doing your masters straight away.

I think you've answered your question already.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ritchie888)
      You've stated the benefits of working for a couple of years, but not the benefits of doing your masters straight away.

I think you've answered your question already.
      Basically, I'd just have a bit of work ex and will be able to apply for an mba as well as a masters. on the other hand, if i go for my masters directly after my bachelors, i'll earn a lot more after masters at an earlier age.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lastchristmas)
      Basically, I'd just have a bit of work ex and will be able to apply for an mba as well as a masters. on the other hand, if i go for my masters directly after my bachelors, i'll earn a lot more after masters at an earlier age.
      There is no guarantee you will earn a lot more at an earlier stage with a masters, no guarantee at all. Nevertheless, perhaps there is a third option: you take up the job but do a part-time masters at the same time; you would only have class for a few hours a week so I am sure your employer could accommodate this. There are lots of benefits to this, and only one or two negatives.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by evantej)
      There is no guarantee you will earn a lot more at an earlier stage with a masters, no guarantee at all. Nevertheless, perhaps there is a third option: you take up the job but do a part-time masters at the same time; you would only have class for a few hours a week so I am sure your employer could accommodate this. There are lots of benefits to this, and only one or two negatives.
      That's not really an option for me at this stage. It's either a or b mentioned above

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.