Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is a degree at Nottingham trent a bad move ? (because of it being an ex Poly)

Or should I study Architecture at Liverpool John Moores Uni, which isnt ex poly. I hear so much negativity about Nottingham Trent, and dont know wether to study there or not.

Another thing to take into consideration is that Nottingham Trent is ranked much higher than LJMU (Nott 60, LJMU 102), so wouldnt that show Nottingham trent to be a better university?

Basically would employers look twice at an ex-poly graduate?

ReputationRep:
    Hold on.

What are you're other choices? What are you're predicted grades? How are you other offers looking? Neither school is great if IMO and there are better schools around with that UCAS point bracket.

But put a gun to my head, I'd go with John Moores (based purely on the fact that it's in liverpool which is a decent student city).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchiBoi)
    Hold on.

What are you're other choices? What are you're predicted grades? How are you other offers looking? Neither school is great if IMO and there are better schools around with that UCAS point bracket.

But put a gun to my head, I'd go with John Moores (based purely on the fact that it's in liverpool which is a decent student city).
    Thank you, you sound like you know what your talking about,
    I got 4 unconditionals atm, as I'm on my gap year. They are for these two plus UWIC and Leeds met. Any idea which you would suggest as the best option? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Out of those I'd probably choose Nottingham Trent. UWIC's architecture course isn't validated by RIBA.

ReputationRep:
    Don't look at the overall rankings for universities because a lot of good schools get shafted by those, look at the architecture specific rankings if you have to look at anything. LJMU is the most established course, I have a friend who studied there and he seemed to like it. Nottingham Trent has been running for a while now but is still a young course that I haven't heard much about. Both those cities have AAA courses at other universities which is why you probably don't hear much. It wasn't that long ago that the Leeds Met tariff was only 160 points and now it's 300 or something. The only thing I can see that happened in that time was they got a shiny new FCB campus, they didnt win any awards, appear in the aj100 or hire twice as many tutors so apart from the campus I'm not sure what has actually improved. Visit the schools then pick one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.