Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want a new pair of headphones for use at home and in the computer lab when programming. So I'm looking for some that don't leak sound too much and have a good soundscape with lots of bass if possible.

Budget: <£60.

Already own CX300s and GX200s and PL11s so need some proper big headphones of similar quality now. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I suggest u go for Sony or audio technica...both are great headphones...u can try Sony's MDR series which have a wide range of prices and are great headphones. As for audio technica..most of their headphones are good anyway..but dont go for the cheaper ones ..they just sound like they have too much bass but actually they just reduce the mids and the highs. Good luck...

ReputationRep:
    DOn't get beats by dr dre. I have them and they are crap...look good however.

ReputationRep:
    http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/headphones...view-49295911/

This should be a good starting point? I already own a pair of Sennheisers, Sony and Shure, plus some proper headphones back in Asia, but I'm really drooling after a pair of Grados, which my Dad has two of. They're beautiful things. They also do a pair of "Grado iGrado", which you may be interested in, for under 60.

Just to toss out some other ones: Sony MDR V6. Denon AHC551. Sennheiser CX 870. They should all be fairly good and in your price range too.

ReputationRep:
    Take a look at this:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys. I've wanted a pair of grado SR60s or SR80s for a long time but never had (and still don't have) the money for them.

Anyway I've gone for Koss UR55s now. £55, little known headphones that are supposed to be far far better than their price tag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TinFish)
    Which ones have you got?
    I've got the solo HDs, and they sound amazing. I've heard the tours aren't so good.

ReputationRep:
    Sennheiser 555's or Sennheiser 595's I can safely say are as good as beats for sound quality.

ReputationRep:
    I recently got a pair of LINDY active noise cancelling headphones that sound very nice. The noise cancelling runs off a AAA battery and you wont hear a thing from the outside and they wont hear a peep from the headphones either. Comfortable fit. Seem pretty durable. A good buy.

http://www.lindy.co.uk/active-noise-...nes/20425.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TinFish)
    I was about to say the opposite :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)
    Which ones have you got?
    I've got the solo HDs, and they sound amazing. I've heard the tours aren't so good.
    I have the Tours. They are crap. I would get the more expensive ones but I do not want my hair to get ruined lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    I was about to say the opposite :eek:
    Depends which model. The Tours are crap..bass is alreet n thats about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    I want a new pair of headphones for use at home and in the computer lab when programming. So I'm looking for some that don't leak sound too much and have a good soundscape with lots of bass if possible.

Budget: <£60.

Already own CX300s and GX200s and PL11s so need some proper big headphones of similar quality now. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    i'm planning on getting these i've heard pretty good reviews for this and the price is very good at play.com they're compared with some of the top brands.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...rlrefer=search

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.