Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,

Posting this anonymously as it is obviously a bit embarrassing. Well the problem is that sex is really painful. It didn't used to be, and I wasn't a virgin when I got with my current partner, but recently starting sex is just agonising. I feel like I'm tearing inside.
    When I first starting having sex with my boyfriend, it didn't hurt at all. I'm not very big down there so it has always felt like a tight squeeze (and my boyfriend is rather large), but now whenever we try it's that painful I end up in tears and unable to go on. He hates that this is the case and feels awful for it, and I really hate that I can't continue, but it's like trying to fit a pencil into a pinhole. It feels like I'm ripping inside the further we go. I'm really confused because we had been having sex for many months before this pain started.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

Posting this anonymously as it is obviously a bit embarrassing. Well the problem is that sex is really painful. It didn't used to be, and I wasn't a virgin when I got with my current partner, but recently starting sex is just agonising. I feel like I'm tearing inside.
    When I first starting having sex with my boyfriend, it didn't hurt at all. I'm not very big down there so it has always felt like a tight squeeze (and my boyfriend is rather large), but now whenever we try it's that painful I end up in tears and unable to go on. He hates that this is the case and feels awful for it, and I really hate that I can't continue, but it's like trying to fit a pencil into a pinhole. It feels like I'm ripping inside the further we go. I'm really confused because we had been having sex for many months before this pain started.

First of all, you need to relax. Your now probably worried its gonna hurt so you don't relax and therefore it hurts.
    But that still doesn't explain why it hurt the first time, I think a trip to your doctor might be a good idea, just to check everything is okay down there.
    x

I've been experiencing somthing similar recently, it doesn't hurt all the time. If we were to do it more than once then it'd hurt the second time but not the first.

I'd just assumed it was because I've been having cramping recently and its something to do with the pill I'm on. I was a virgin though and he was too so I doubt its an STI; maybe getting checked will put your mind at ease?

Sorry I can't be more help

ReputationRep:
    I think sometimes it's a bit of a mental thing.. like it might hurt on a one off time but that puts the thought into your head that it's going to hurt again, so you're less relaxed and get upset etc. Its a bit of a vicious circle As someone posted above, try and relax as much as possible, maybe just doing other stuff and staying away from actual sex for a bit might help?

(Original post by Anonymous)
      Hi,

See your GP - sometimes in cases like this there are treatable causes like infections (god forbid).
      Othertimes there are things like endometriosis. (quite common)

Make a routine appointment avec your GP

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.