The Student Room Group

surely it isnt fair....

On my course i am the only one to have finished and submitted my ucas application.

I find highly frustrating though that as yet i haven't heard anything back from any uni at all.

Im sure the others will send their applications soon, and we will be on a level playing field.

I hope admission tutors will look upon my grades and organisation in getting my ucas form sent asap as a good thing. I cant begin to imagine how i would feel if other people on my course get a place and i dont. Most have handed work in late, failed several modules through laziness, and cant even be arsed to do their personal statement. Its unthinkable to be honest.

But the longer i go without a response, the less of an advantage in a competitive field i feel i have.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
lifes not fair... deal with it and stop being a whiney lil bitch
I see no reason as to why admissions tutors should show more respect to students who submit their UCAS applications early than those who send it in at a later date. Some people want to take their time because they realise that picking a course and an insitution will really impact the rest of their lives. There is no reason to rush this process.

I know it is frustrating to wait, but man up. Everyone else goes through the same process. It's only December too. Some people don't even hear from their university choices till early February.
Reply 3
it happens to everyone, chill out and get over it a tad :smile:
As long as you apply before the deadline, they don't care when you do it.

alfieflowers
Most have handed work in late, failed several modules through laziness, and cant even be arsed to do their personal statement.

So they'll have a, let's say, "not so good" reference, crappy grades, and a terrible personal statement. You won't. I'm not really seeing the problem here.
Reply 5
All i heard.

- Isent my UCAS application in early and im a spoilt ass hole so i want all the admission tutors to give my my place now cuz im awesome and better than everyone i know.
Reply 6
To be brutally honest with you, you haven't been that organised to have just got your application in. Where I study, most people have theirs done or at least close to finished by October half term - Late November/early December hardly takes epic organisational skills.

Universities have to consider your application equally as long as it is in before the deadline (15th Jan). If the process worked with a system whereby whoever had their application in first was most likely to get an offer, everyone would just do their application in the summer and universities would get thousands of applications on one day or something stupid. If you're good enough, you'll get an offer. If you don't get an offer, it isn't because someone else has got their application in before you, its because you aren't good enough.
Reply 7
Original post by alfieflowers
On my course i am the only one to have finished and submitted my ucas application.

I find highly frustrating though that as yet i haven't heard anything back from any uni at all.

I'm sure the others will send their applications soon, and we will be on a level playing field.

I hope admission tutors will look upon my grades and organisation in getting my ucas form sent asap as a good thing. I cant begin to imagine how i would feel if other people on my course get a place and i dont. Most have handed work in late, failed several modules through laziness, and cant even be arsed to do their personal statement. Its unthinkable to be honest.

But the longer i go without a response, the less of an advantage in a competitive field i feel i have.

We are all on a level playing field if we have submitted our applications before the 15th of January, regardless of how early you send your application in.

If these people you are complaining about are as bad as you say they are, they won't get a place. If they have a bad reference and no personal statement and bad grades and predictions, they will have much less of a chance of gaining a place compared to you if you have a decent reference etc.

Chill out, we're all in the same position it's not just you. Stop whining.
Don't complain, last year I handed in my application at the beginning of November and didn't hear anything from my first choice until just before the May cutoff.
Unis owe you nothing, they can reply whenever they want, regardless of how good you are.
Reply 9
Chill out. Unis would rather take their time, check each application whenever they want, some do it after the 15th Jan deadline, some before. Regardless, they will consider each application that comes to them before the deadline equally. So just because you get rejected and someone else, who you feel should be rejected, gets accepted, I am sure there is a logical reason as to this. It could be the application.

I suggest you wait until something like May or June or something before complaining like this - UNIS DON'T DO OFFERS IN FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASES.

Looking at what you've said, assuming your application is good, they may accept you and they may not, depending on how other people's application are like.
Reply 10
whats not fair? that you haven't recieved an offer yet, but feel you should simply because you sent yours early? lol. It isn't about who sends it first, its about who's application is the strongest. I happen to know a few A-grade students who have sent off their ucas and then spotted crucial spelling mistakes in their (usually rushed) personal statements.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest