Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it still generally unacceptable to wear white or black to a wedding?

ReputationRep:
    Black does feel like it would be very drab and funereal.

Were you thinking of wearing anything in particular?

ReputationRep:
    As long as it isn't luminous.

ReputationRep:
    I think it really depends on what you wear. I wore a black/white polka dot tea dress to a wedding in april but teamed it with colourful accessories to break it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Is it still generally unacceptable to wear white or black to a wedding?
    White - yes its unacceptable, it looks like your trying to steal the focus off the bride.

Black - although seen as a funeral colour, it depends, you could make it work by adding colour to the outfit.

Wearing black and white together can sometimes work, depends on the outfit. (like what tbm has said above, that would work)

x

ReputationRep:
    Nothing that will upstage the bride, basically.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure it's unnaceptable to wear fluorescent yellow. Or a dress constructed entirely out of lobsters.

ReputationRep:
    The bride wearing white traditionally meant she was a virgin but nowadays regardless of their faith, girls like to wear white.

Black is a pretty funeral oriented colour?

ReputationRep:
    I have a pair of yellow shoes (literally canary yellow - they're silk and from reiss and b-e-a-utiful!) that I really wanna wear but I couldn't think of a colour dress that would go except black/white... Would navy work? Like an inky blue silk dress?

ReputationRep:
    Someone wore black to my wedding which I wasn't too happy about

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.