Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can you tell if you're good-looking or not? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This might seem like a stupid question, but I was wondering how people form their opinions of their own looks?

Is it just based on what you see in the mirror, cos it can be quite difficult to tell what appeals to the other sex?
    Is it based on the other sex's reaction to you, cos again that can be quite difficult to gauge, easily misinterpreted.
    Is it based on how much attention you get from the opposite sex, cos that again can be quite misleading, especially as girls don't exactly seem to crowd the best-looking guys for attention, they don't really seem to care at all about looks.

So how do people decide that they're fit/ugly?

ReputationRep:
    if u get loads of attention at a club, ure good looking

ReputationRep:
    Key features that are generally accepted as attractive, nice arms, high cheekbones etc?
    Kinda hard to tell

ReputationRep:
    I once got wolf-whistled seven times, plus a thumbs up from a motorcyclist walking the ten minutes to my friend's house :cool:

Although that might have had something to do with the fact I forgot to put any clothes on that day....

Edit: 18 pos reps in one day? n'aww you guyss :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloise987)
    I once got wolf-whistled seven times, plus a thumbs up from a motorcyclist walking the ten minutes to my friend's house :cool:

Although that might have had something to do with the fact I forgot to put any clothes on that day....
    Special needs

ReputationRep:
    If your mother continually reasures you that you're a "handsome boy" you are probably not.

ReputationRep:
    Good looking girl= one who is wearing makeup.
    Ugly girl= one who isn't wearing makeup.

Simples.

ReputationRep:
    Awkward silence...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarryEyed91)
    Good looking girl= one who is wearing makeup.
    Ugly girl= one who isn't wearing makeup.

Simples.
    Nope.

Girl wearing makeup = ugly girl creating a fake face.
    Girl not wearing makeup = natural beauty, man made products not required as there are no ugly traits to disguise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anabolicminds)
    if u get loads of attention at a club, ure good looking
    No, I really don't think that's true. For a start, it's always the guys who approach the girls in a club, never the other way around, and even then the guys don't always go for the fittest girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    If your mother continually reasures you that you're a "handsome boy" you are probably not.
    But what if your Grandmother says it to you like mine did. Although think before you answer this because she is old and wise so she couldn't possibly be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej3005)
    No, I really don't think that's true. For a start, it's always the guys who approach the girls in a club, never the other way around, and even then the guys don't always go for the fittest girls.
    listen, when i go to clubs, i'll dance for a a bit, then chill, i get loads of looks, and i make a move, many girls tell me that they always see me with different girls in the clubs and some choose to not talk to me because they're probably the 10th number i'll get

ReputationRep:
    get drunk, stare at a picture of someone else for ages and chant "i am this person that is me" and then after about an hour and two bottles of vodka have a look at a picture of you and ask yourself "would i screw dat dude/grul"? if yes you probably mentally ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej3005)
    The girls that get the most attention in clubs are the ones that look easy, and that's from guys that look like massive tools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    Nope.

Girl wearing makeup = ugly girl creating a fake face.
    Girl not wearing makeup = natural beauty, man made products not required as there are no ugly traits to disguise.
    I have never seen a girl without makeup who looks attractive. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    When you look in your mirror and your reflection turns around, Fonz style and says "Aaaaye."

ReputationRep:
    I've had comments from people I've met recently... lots of compliments, so I can only guess that I must be at least alright looking if people are happy to compliment me on my looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloise987)

pics or gtfo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    The girls that get the most attention in clubs are the ones that look easy, and that's from guys that look like massive tools.
    they migght look easy but at the end of the night, 99% of these girls go home with their friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarryEyed91)
    I have never seen a girl without makeup who looks attractive. Ever.
    I have

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.