Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cage Against the Machine Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11909886

What do people think of this? Genius or pretentious rubbish.. or both? Would you buy it?

I'd like for the X Factor to be stopped from getting to number one, but I'd rather it was a decent song that maybe was something new and fresh, not just silence or something from a Facebook fan page. Not like that's going to happen anytime soon!

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather see something as a number one because it's a good song, not just to make sure an x-factor song isn't number one.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously pretentious.
    Even if it outsells the X factor single the bottom line is that the X factor winner will have still sold a lot and it's still a popular show. Cowell is raking it in and inevitably, it will be back next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aJohnsonsun)
    I'd rather see something as a number one because it's a good song, not just to make sure an x-factor song isn't number one.
    I agree. I'm all for another campaign against the X Factor, but just having silence isn't exactly making much of a point, is it? We need something that people will actually want to listen to rather than just making a point just for the sake of making a point. It's just jumping on the bangwagon of the 2 minutes silence 'song' anyway, so it's not exactly something profound. Nor was Cage's work to start with.

Though actually the article reminded me of an amazing song, The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel. I'd like that to be number 1! People with true talent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyBeautiful)
    Though actually the article reminded me of an amazing song, The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel. I'd like that to be number 1! People with true talent
    I think I might actually die of happiness if that became number one! Good shout

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarlettDangerfield)
    I think I might actually die of happiness if that became number one! Good shout

I think I would too

I'd actually love any of their songs to be....trying to think of one that has a bit of a Christmassy feel. Actually, they sang Silent Night/7 o'clock News: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZazH...eature=related

Bit anti-war, which is always nice at Christmas

Think I'd prefer Sound of Silence, though

We should set up our own campaign, anyway :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.