Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have an anxiety disorder (developed through being very badly mistreated emotionally during a relationship) anyway the ex has long since walked out on me and i've been feeling ok, pretty good alot of the time and random anxiety hasnt really been a problem... but the past week i've been having random panic attacks and getting really wound up (in a nervous way not angry)

today and yesterday i just couldn't relax, i feel really sick and i have absolutely no appetite and i just feel exhausted and there's absolutely no reason why i hate feeling random panic permanently for days, i cant see my psychiatrist because i dont have enough time at the moment, dont know how to calm down i just want a cuddle and someone to say it's ok, i dont know what to do, trying to breath slower i just hyperventilate, i cant sleep and i just want a break how can i calm down?

ReputationRep:
    Have you told your family/ friends about this? If you just want a cuddle and to be told it's ok, then they should be the ones helping you.

Obviously, you would need to see someone about Anxiety Disorder, but even in the meantime I think there is material on the internet about this kind of thing which should be reliable enough, especially regarding how to cope with panic attacks.

I think when you are actually having a panic attack, deep, slow, controlled breathing is the best way to overcome it from what I've heard. In terms of relaxation normally, I think distraction works well, just doing something you really enjoy which might allow you to momentarily forget your problems. But I think it depends on the person.

I'm surprised nobody else has replied, I thought people were getting more aware about mental illness, surely somebody else has some advice?

Good luck.

Don't worry OP, you are not alone. I have the seem awful anxiety to deal with however mines actually causes physically effects, severe muscular/chest and stomach pain. This obviously makes my anxiety worse. I'm starting tablets for it soon. You shouldn't be alone if you are feeling like this, are you living with family or friends? Do you have a partner? Tell us more about your life (i.e if you work/study and who you live with) so we can offer better advice!

Don't worry OP you will get through this!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.