Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

will the world end. I WANT PROOF! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    scareeeeeeeeed tbh.

ReputationRep:
    You're the proof that the world is doomed.

ReputationRep:
    Watch 2012. That's like amazingly accurate... -_-
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It'll be EXACTLY like the fally massacre on runescape on 06/06/06.

ReputationRep:

Plus i felt obliged to post lost prophets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amydev199)
    scareeeeeeeeed tbh.
    According to the Bible, Christ will come to rule the Earth for one thousand years - in the future - which will be paradise. However, before this happens there will be a war bigger than the earth has ever experienced before, during which the anti-christ will have great power. It says that Christians will not be on earth during this bleak period - due to an event known as 'the rapture'.

I can't prove this to you though sorry.

ReputationRep:
    don't be so silly, the world will not end.When I was at school, practically every 5 months (particularly in first school) there was a rumour about "the world will end next sunday, or the world will end in 1 year etc.

There is no logical reason why the world will end, no I hope that some one will wake up the youth of today and say "just get on with your work".

ReputationRep:
    It will never really end fully, just the cycles will end. Right now, we are on the 382,334,565th cycle of the human race. We aren't doing too badly either, most of the other times by this point in time they hadn't even discovered electricity.

ReputationRep:
    So you are preparing for the end of the world?

ReputationRep:
    i am storing lots of water about 40 office water machine plastic containers of it in my basement and i also have my pc and a citizen band radio all linked up to a generator for which i have lots of fuel stored too. i;ll be ready as brek when the end of the world comes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    It'll be EXACTLY like the fally massacre on runescape on 06/06/06.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Well, the world will end at some point when the sun expands. But I believe that's about a billion years away.
    So don't sweat it.

ReputationRep:
    2012 is gonna happen. King Kong and Godzilla are going to destroy the world. They've been waiting for long enough!

Seriously? No.

ReputationRep:
    I hope something happens. :ninja: The human race needs some sort of change, won't you say?

ReputationRep:
    If the Sun doesn't ultimately engulf the Earth due to the expansion of it eventually becoming a Red Giant it will end all life long before that by destroying the Earth's biosphere and evaporating all of the water leaving earth as a desolate and insignificant rock. We're talking 1-5 billion years... Hopefully we've found another Earth-like planet to live on by then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LazyWorseThanInfidel)
    According to the Bible, Christ will come to rule the Earth for one thousand years - in the future - which will be paradise. However, before this happens there will be a war bigger than the earth has ever experienced before, during which the anti-christ will have great power. It says that Christians will not be on earth during this bleak period - due to an event known as 'the rapture'.
    Look give me some time, this raising an army is taking longer than expected, but i'm half way there so soon mortals, soon.....

Mean while to keep you all entertained heres a bit of R.E.M.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eyFiClAzq8

(Original post by mathperson)
      There is no logical reason why the world will end.
      Apart from the Sun engulfing the Earth...

ReputationRep:
      I heard they've got cookies.

ReputationRep:
      If I were you I'd start stacking up on the tinned vegetables :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      At some point, yes, the world will end. Our most immediate dangers are:
      -The Yellowstone park Supervolcano
      -The 'Apophis' asteroid
      -Nuclear warfare

There are other factors that may cause our demise, such as unknown asteroids, massive supernovae from other places, small gravity shifts etc.

However, there is an estimation for our Sun turning into a Red Giant (around 5 billion years) which is the 'definite' ending of the Earth.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.