Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PGCE interview - how long have you had to wait for a decision? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello All

I had an interview at Edge Hill on 17th November for primary PGCE. I seem to have noticed on forums that other people have heard back from the unis much quicker than me after their interviews.

On the website it says:

"Following your interview, we normally require 15 working days for the decision to be made and processed. Please do not contact the University until this time has elapsed."

I know the full 15 working days haven't passed yet but it's driving me nuts - how long did other people have to wait? And did you see a response on track first or get a letter? I'm going to drive myself demented checking track every 5 minutes!!!!!!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franmarsh)
    Hello All

I had an interview at Edge Hill on 17th November for primary PGCE. I seem to have noticed on forums that other people have heard back from the unis much quicker than me after their interviews.

On the website it says:

"Following your interview, we normally require 15 working days for the decision to be made and processed. Please do not contact the University until this time has elapsed."

I know the full 15 working days haven't passed yet but it's driving me nuts - how long did other people have to wait? And did you see a response on track first or get a letter? I'm going to drive myself demented checking track every 5 minutes!!!!!!

Thanks
    I had my interview at IOE for secondary history on November 10th and I still haven't heard. We got sent an email saying that all institutions had been advised to delay decisions until they knew how many places they had so that's probably the case. Just got to wait it out but I understand how frustrating it is!

ReputationRep:
    Hello All

On the website it says:

Thanks
    Hi,
    I had an interview last wednesday at Liverpool Hope and found out today that I had a place. I checked track at four this afternoon and it still said interview, by six this had changed to conditional offer. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer x:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I had an interview at MMU for PGCE Priamry on 24th November and GTTR updated at about 6.30 tonight saying that I had a conditional offer. I am very chuffed, as I have been majorly stressing out about it over the last two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillo)
    Hi,

I had an interview at MMU for PGCE Priamry on 24th November and GTTR updated at about 6.30 tonight saying that I had a conditional offer. I am very chuffed, as I have been majorly stressing out about it over the last two weeks.
    I saw a Phil at the interview...must have been you. Congrats, everything was the same for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ann-marie)
    Hi,
    I had an interview last wednesday at Liverpool Hope and found out today that I had a place. I checked track at four this afternoon and it still said interview, by six this had changed to conditional offer. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer x:confused:
    Congrats!! You must be made up - I hope it's not too long - did you get an email to tell you track had updated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillo)
    Hi,

Well done!! Don't get why it takes Edge Hill so long when other unis can do it quicker... My friend found out in a week that he hadn't got a place at Hope after an interview and I've been waiting nearly 3!! Would just rather know either way, even if it is bad news - it's the waiting that is so stressful!!

ReputationRep:
    Leeds Trinity have just informed me that my interview wont be until Feb or March time!

Nothing like putting all my eggs in one basket!

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview for Primary at UEL on the 24th and have heard nothing yet! I e-mailed them today just to ask if we will hear this side of Christmas or January....

....its just really frustrating because if we get turned down and the application gets sent to our second choice there are not going to be any places for us!

good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!! You must be made up - I hope it's not too long - did you get an email to tell you track had updated?
    Hiya, Yes i got an email saying my status had been updated. I am over the moon but like everyone else will be happier when the TDA has made its decision on places. Hope you don't have to wait much longer x

ReputationRep:
    I had a interview for PGCE Primary on the 27th Nov and they said we would know within 3 weeks. The wait is killing me! Like you I've been checking track every hour!!
    They do say no news is good news....fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    I have just had an email from Edge Hill to say they won't be making any decisions at all until they've received allocation of places - they said they can't make a conditional offer based on numbers of places because it's out of our control - not sure why other unis can... anyway basically I won't hear anything until they get provisional allocation of places - great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSara.loux)
    I saw a Phil at the interview...must have been you. Congrats, everything was the same for me.
    Yes, that was probably me Congrats as well and I will hopefully see you in September!!

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on November 4th and received an offer on November 5th. I was incredibly shocked by the quick decision - I expected a much longer wait time than that...

I hope you all hear back soon - and that you obviously hear back positive news. Some universities definitely seem quicker about it than others... Plus, the extra pressure/uncertainty caused by the spending review is a factor too.

Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview yesturday and found out today via track so was shocked at how quick they told me! i was told to expect to wait up to 14 days though!

good luck and hope you find out really soon!

ReputationRep:
    Hello All

On the website it says:

Thanks
    I had an interview for the primary PGCE too on the 17th November...must have been there when you were. The 15 working days has now passed and I still haven't had a reply. It's driving me insane!! Have you heard anything yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie12)
    I had an interview for the primary PGCE too on the 17th November...must have been there when you were. The 15 working days has now passed and I still haven't had a reply. It's driving me insane!! Have you heard anything yet??
    Hiya
    You're the first person I've found on here who had an interview on the same day as me I've had an email from them now saying that they won't make any decisions on anyone until they get their provisional allocation of places - that could even be next year or something!! Just want to know either way - how did you find the interview? Do you know how many places they were giving out that day? Good luck with it

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my PGCE now at Cambridge and waited about 7 days from my interview to my offer... My housemate went home on the day of her interview and found an offer waiting on her computer when she got home!!

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview at Cambridge for the Secondary English PGCE and got an offer after about 9 days. They informed us it would be around a 2 week wait. After the first week passed I was convinced I was unsuccessful but the offer came through on GTTR at around half 5 in the evening on the Tuesday of the second week!

ReputationRep:
    I have just had an email from Edge Hill to say they won't be making any decisions at all until they've received allocation of places - they said they can't make a conditional offer based on numbers of places because it's out of our control - not sure why other unis can... anyway basically I won't hear anything until they get provisional allocation of places - great
    Hi Fran,

Do they not even let you know if you have a provisional place or even tell you if you have at least been unsuccessful?? That's so frustrating, at least if they tell you you haven't got in you can move on to your second choice/starting making other plans for the next 18months!

I have my interview there tomorrow....very nervous although becoming wary that I can't make any plans until next year whether I am successful or not!!

Do you mind if I ask how the group activity was - the lesson planning? Were they looking to see how in depth/well planned lessons were or was it more to see how you worked in the group?

Best of luck

RayBann x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.