Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im currently a student doing computing in my first year and loving the BU life.

When i was applying I found it really helpful to ask students currently at BU questions so feel free if you have any and i will answer them honistly.

2011 even*

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently on a gap year and thinking of going to bournemouth next year. Just waiting for an offer. One thing that i'd like to know more about is the accommodation. What's the pro's and con's of purbeck and lyme regis?

ReputationRep:
    I live at corfe for the first year, and will be getting a house with my flat mates in the second year.

They really depend on the type of person you are, People have moved from corfe to perbeck because you are allot more involved in the night life at perback and lyme.

They are, pretty good for a laugh, quite mental living there, constant partys and music and drink.

They are within a short walk of the old firestation, which is the "promoted" club by BU, and close to many other clubs.

Accomidation wise, they are OK. I think lyme is better than perbeck, but they are ran down, Perback was built 10 years ago and shows.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have applied to BU but will be studying at Bournemouth and Poole College, but staying at one of the uni campus (I think)

Do you know anyone that study's at Bournemouth and Poole College but stays on the uni campus?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utchin)
    I live at corfe for the first year, and will be getting a house with my flat mates in the second year.

They really depend on the type of person you are, People have moved from corfe to perbeck because you are allot more involved in the night life at perback and lyme.

They are, pretty good for a laugh, quite mental living there, constant partys and music and drink.

They are within a short walk of the old firestation, which is the "promoted" club by BU, and close to many other clubs.

Accomidation wise, they are OK. I think lyme is better than perbeck, but they are ran down, Perback was built 10 years ago and shows.
    Really? Purbeck looks super modern in the accomodation videos.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.