Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which messenger bag? Do they look alright for a guy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, basically I came across these two messenger bags:

This one and this one.

Honestly, what would you think of a guy wearing one of these on a campus?

I'm afraid that they would look a bit too childish for a guy, so I'm open to any suggestions. Do you think that I should look for some more elegant, leather alternatives?

ReputationRep:
    Hate them, but I am posting here to subscribe in case anyone posts something nice :teeth:

I like the rainbow one. :daydreaming:

It's a li'l bit kitsch.

ReputationRep:
      The 2nd one for sure, and it doesn't look childish this coming from someone that walks around with these headphones:
      http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...0&tx=120&ty=69

ReputationRep:
      Don't like them. I see what they've tried to do, but it's not working..

I like this one, but that may not be what you're looking for?

ReputationRep:
      I'd love to see what's your idea of a nice messenger bag. Pleaaaase.

ReputationRep:
      manbags are not for men - full stop! get a cool rucksack...

ReputationRep:
      Personally think the first one is gorgeous!
      And I've seen plenty of guys carrying worse bags than that.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hooovan*)
      Don't like them. I see what they've tried to do, but it's not working..

I like this one, but that may not be what you're looking for?
      It's not bad, but I don't like the colour.

ReputationRep:
      Ooh, I was going to post a Fred Perry one too. This one's got the colour if you like it, but is quite understated: http://tinyurl.com/3abmo4y

The bags you've posted are OK, but the graphics on them aren't amazing. Something less cartoony might be better so you could use it both on campus and for more smart/formal occasions.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SimonSmart)
      Nah, messengers are far more practical and I haven't seen that many guys wearing rucksacks, I think it's a bit more for college students.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SimonSmart)
      At secondary school I was the odd weirdo for having a rucksack. I had this camo one from animal.. and I think I was the only guy in the year to have a rucksack. Eventually I yielded and got a side bag thing like everyone else. Maybe we're from very different areas, because in mine, rucksacks were only for children and yr 7s who haven't realised this yet.
      At least you weren't teased for rucksacks, because there were a couple of people lower down the school with small suitcases who sort of attracted all the attention.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by pigwigeon)
      Ooh, I was going to post a Fred Perry one too. This one's got the colour if you like it, but is quite understated: http://tinyurl.com/3abmo4y

The bags you've posted are OK, but the graphics on them aren't amazing. Something less cartoony might be better so you could use it both on campus and for more smart/formal occasions.
      This combination of colours is amazing! it looks elegant, yet not too white collar. Comes under a serious consideration.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MJay91)
      It's not bad, but I don't like the colour.
      There are tons of different colours. Keep looking, I'm sure you'll find something!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MJay91)
      This combination of colours is amazing! it looks elegant, yet not too white collar. Comes under a serious consideration.
      Hahaha yeah, I really loved the colours of it too. I'm considering buying it for my boyfriend for Christmas

ReputationRep:
      I have this:

Such a nice bag. Has more than enough pockets and is really well made with linings in each of them. I can get my MacBook and a 12x10 inch box of photographic paper in it plus all my junk in the front pocket like radio triggers, films, hard drive and pens in the front.

ReputationRep:
      Fred Perry ones are REALLY nice!

http://www.letsbuyit.co.uk/product/3...y-shoulder-bag
      :sexface:

ReputationRep:
      Those Freddy Perry bags are really good looking! Thanks everyone for suggestions. And you can keep them coming if you want to!

ReputationRep:
      Messenger bags for guys = fine
      But I'm not keen on those two patterns in particular.
      No need to listen to what I say though, I'm not the one who gonna buy it.
      If you like it, get it

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by dews1290)
      The 2nd one for sure, and it doesn't look childish this coming from someone that walks around with these headphones:
      http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...0&tx=120&ty=69
      I don't particularly like either of the bags, but those headphones are the best.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.