Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gary Mckinnon (the autistic dude who hacked into the pentagon) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I know this guy is currently waiting to be extradited - it seems he's slipped out of the media though. Is there any chance that we don't have to send him to those tossers across the sea?

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it. They'll probably hang, draw and quarter him to get the message across that "No-one ****s with America" though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Last I heard Theresa May or whatever her name is had ordered a review of the case.

ReputationRep:
    Look what America did to Japan...

ReputationRep:
    Damn American bullies. But it was hacking into national security and defenses or whatever so it was illegal, they'llprobably get him.

But the fact that a teenage autistic guy managed to do that... and Wiikileaks have managed to get 200,000+ secret government cables, conversations and information, it's like their 'national security' is as secure as their border

ReputationRep:
    Well since wikileaks has revealed the Gov wants to run a "pro US regime" then, he'll probably get extradited.

ReputationRep:
    It said in the cables gordon brown asked for him to be tried here but they weren't having it which shows how one sided our special relationship is. We bend over and take it up the tail pipe.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have much sympathy for him, first of all he has aspergers syndrome, it is not like he is rain man.

He hacked into the pentagon and as far as I am concerned he can take his punishment. He was fully aware of what he was doing.

ReputationRep:
    Come on, you can't just let him off because he has problems.

If he'd killed your family would you have thought "ah, aspergers? well he couldn't help himself then".

ReputationRep:
    True Mckinnon did actually commit a crime which he can be tried for. However, I'd love to know what he actually found that the U.S is willing to risk international relations over it, that should be the real question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y2cwr2005)
    True Mckinnon did actually commit a crime which he can be tried for. However, I'd love to know what he actually found that the U.S is willing to risk international relations over it, that should be the real question!
    The Americans are not risking international relations. The Americans could not give a **** about offending Britain. This stupid 'special relationship' is Britains utterly pathetic grovelling to Americas feet, only to feel like it is a world power which we are not.

ReputationRep:
    That guy should be used to fight other hackers instead of being carted off to an american jail to be sexually assaulted. It's not like he murdered anyone or was helping terrorists...

ReputationRep:
    as if they wouldn't just recruit that boss tier bro.

ReputationRep:
    AWWWW HOLY CRAP

the insurance file for wikileaks

the ufo/nasa files that mckinnon found

OMG assange has the alien data! hes gonna show the world how alien we all are.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Theresa May will battle to keep him in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see what the fuss is. Whatever his intentions he still hacked into a part of the US Government which is illegal.

The fact that he has aspergers is quite irrelevant really, that shouldn't be an excuse.
    I think he should still be punished, however I do think the propsed punishments by the USA is OTT. I mean really, the maximum they could give him is 70 years or so. That's a bit much.

The people on here who say the fact that he has aspergers is irrelevant clearly dont understand it as well as they think they do.

--obsessions
      --disconnection from the 'real' world
      --difficulty understanding peoples reactions to things
      --difficulty understanding consequences
      --difficulty with changing tasks

All this guy was thinking was that he was doing good, that he was genuinely going to reveal something that needed to be revealed. This thought would have circled around in his head over and over and over again. NOTHING ELSE WILL HAVE CROSSED HIS MIND.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.