Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    anyone seen this on C4...?
    I think it's a really saddening programme! everyone he loves seems to die
    what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I know! If you watched 'Single Father' on BBC1 it's like that trauma all over again.

Totally called that
    Spoiler:
    Show
    he was about to get hit by a car when he was smelling the flowers.

Really enjoying it anyway, think I might try and get hold of the book :yep:

I'm glad other people are watching this. I read the book when I was 12. This is the only time I've found the film/TV version better than the book. The book can be very tedious at times, with the main events shown on the TV show cropping up after endless pages of navel-gazing and self-pity, and Logan Mountstuart comes across as a self-obsessed **** so you laugh when bad things happen to him.

I felt much more sorry for him on TV because you can't read his inner thoughts, and all the events happen in quick succession so it's exciting and interesting. I like Land Fothergill for some reason, and the name Land.

Freya is a ***** though. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
      i love it
      didnt know it was a book though

(Original post by fell)
        i love it
        didnt know it was a book though
        Try it, you might like it a lot more than I did.

The first episode seemed to be a lot of sex padded out with a bit of story.

ReputationRep:
        I'm really enjoying it, although it is a bit sad :erm:.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.