Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This might be a stupid question, but i just wanted to find out what each medical schools' criteria and what they assess on for them to give our the interviews to people. For example, i know that Bristol assess and mark the candidate's predicted grade and gcse grades to decide the interview. Also, if there is such point system, like Cardiff, would you be able to tell me about it? I am sure there are many people who are planning to apply for medicine are wanting to find out about this too! :')

p.s. can anyone actually explain the Cardiff's point system? I just know that they have one.... there is one right? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Have you called them up or emailed them?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...erview#Cardiff
    Unluckily for you the Cardiff one isn't as indepth as some of the others
    Check out some other threads about Cardiff - there's a Cardiff medical thread for people who have applied, easy to find.

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff take your top 9 GCSEs and where an A* is 3 points, an A is 2 points, and a B is 1 point
    There is then a cut off score out of 27. Last year it was around 21.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.