Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would your change your choice of A Levels? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title states, personally I would swap History for Geography and change my Psychology AS level and do Politics and Government instead.

What would you change?

ReputationRep:
    Id have taken Chemistry in my first year (alongside Biology, Maths, English, Economics), then dropped maths at A2. If i'd done chemistry in my first year i wouldnt be stuck in college fr a third year ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    Would have done Business at AS rather than English Lit.

ReputationRep:
    I would of geared my choices more towards computing. I was mis-guided by my careers office at secondary school!

ReputationRep:
    I would have done the same

ReputationRep:
    I did History at AS and found it pretty hard, but people say Geography is harder (one year it was around 60% for an A) History A Level seems like a lot of work but I don't suppose it will be much harder than the AS. If you're doing WJEC for Psychology then defiantly swap it, it has the worst pass rate than any other subject from the Welsh Board... if it's not WJEC then I've no idea lol!

Hope this helped? Mel

ReputationRep:
    Would've done French instead of maths

ReputationRep:
    I did Business, Psychology and Media. I wish I'd done French, English, History and Politics.

ReputationRep:
    No, but if I could go back I wouldn't have dropped French at the end of AS. Despite my D in the oral.

ReputationRep:
    I ended up doing:

P.E
    History
    Pyschology

Looking back I would rather have done:

History
    English Lit
    Physics

ReputationRep:
    I did History, Government & Politics and Sociology.

I also attempted AS Maths, and I wish I hadn't. What a waste of 6 months that was; I didn't even make it to the end of year 12. :sigh: If I had tried really hard, I might have got an E, but there really wouldn't have been any point in that.

I would have done Philosophy, at least at AS, so I'd have 4/3.5 A levels.

ReputationRep:
    I would change Biology and Maths to History and Geography if I got the chance to redo my AS-levels.

ReputationRep:
    I did Maths, Physics and geography at A level (plus those and French and Environmental Science at AS)

I definitely wouldn't have changed my A levels, but i didn't enjoy french at AS at all, and would have loved to do Photography instead, but my parents wouldn't allow me too, and it'd be a lot of work on top of Physics and Maths!

But A-levels, I'm very proud and loved them, and they got me onto the Uni course of my dreams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenspark)
    I did History at AS and found it pretty hard, but people say Geography is harder (one year it was around 60% for an A) History A Level seems like a lot of work but I don't suppose it will be much harder than the AS. If you're doing WJEC for Psychology then defiantly swap it, it has the worst pass rate than any other subject from the Welsh Board... if it's not WJEC then I've no idea lol!

Hope this helped? Mel
    I loved psychology from that board! I got an A in it last year, but it is very difficult to remember all of the information.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe physic instead of geography/biology.

ReputationRep:
    I did German at AS Level but dropped it. I wish my school did Politics as I would've chosen that. Instead of German though, I may have done Psychology or Philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbygreg)
    As the title states, personally I would swap History for Geography and change my Psychology AS level and do Politics and Government instead.

What would you change?
    I would change Gov + Politics to Psychology or Fine Art.

The subject is bloody dire!

ReputationRep:
    Would've done geography or RE or anything really instead of maths at AS. im fine with my A2s, just about

ReputationRep:
    I would've done Biology instead of Chemistry, maybe then I'd still be doing it and not struggling through another year of English Lit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Threepigs)
    I would change Gov + Politics to Psychology or Fine Art.

The subject is bloody dire!
    Ah I hated Psychology (mainly because of the teacher) and have a real interest in politics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.