Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from UCL, but it was lower that I thought it was going to be, which makes me question how good the course is.

I've applied to both UCL and Imperial, UCL seems to have a social life, but Imperial seems to be better academically, however I want to know how much better Imperial is.

Does anyone have any idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Engineer31)
    I got an offer from UCL, but it was lower that I thought it was going to be, which makes me question how good the course is.

I've applied to both UCL and Imperial, UCL seems to have a social life, but Imperial seems to be better academically, however I want to know how much better Imperial is.

Does anyone have any idea?
    I think it's quite good, what was your offer? and how long did you have to wait:P? I applied on monday:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddhann)
    I think it's quite good, what was your offer? and how long did you have to wait:P? I applied on monday:P
    AAB and I applied on October the 14th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Engineer31)
    AAB and I applied on October the 14th.
    cool, were you interviewed?

ReputationRep:
    Imperial > UCL

ReputationRep:
    its quite good actually. UCL happens to have one of the best chemical engineering programmes in the country.

On a side note, Imperial is better but UCL is no less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    Imperial > UCL
    yeah, but theres like one girl in the whole of imperial

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but theres like one girl in the whole of imperial
    ah yes, girls, the catalysts for a degree in chemical engineering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    ah yes, girls, the catalysts for a degree in chemical engineering.
    very punny

But I want a university with a good ratio!

ReputationRep:
    cool, were you interviewed?
    No, however my friend was for Civil ...

ReputationRep:
    It's still like a third girls :P
    But UCL is going to be my insurance I think with Imperial as my firm

ReputationRep:
    I always had the impresion that UCL was average for Chemical Engineering. When I first considered Uni back in 2002, you could get in with CCC at A Level. Obviously, A levels have been dumbed down so much that today's equivalent is probably AAB/ABB.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFoxBlip)
    I always had the impresion that UCL was average for Chemical Engineering. When I first considered Uni back in 2002, you could get in with CCC at A Level. Obviously, A levels have been dumbed down so much that today's equivalent is probably AAB/ABB.
    I think that there's also the factor of more applicants for chemical engineering, as well as for universities as a whole, and engineering is becoming less undersubscribed. Universities that are currently very high up in the league tables will receive a lot of applicants because of this, which in turn allows them to be even more selective.

ReputationRep:
    how good is the chem eng facilities at UCL, they showed us just one crappy laboratory when we were there?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.