Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am certain that i want to do natural sciences as a degree and i know of a few places that offer it like Cambridge, UCL, Bath etc.. I am just wondering what type of styles of learning the different universities offer. For example, Are they mostly lectures, lab work etc...
    I know I may be trying to sort this out too early, but it'd be great to know so i know what universities to look around in the summer if i do and to know which university id most likely enjoy and learn better at.

Thanks In Advance

ReputationRep:
    I do NatSci at Durham, and here there's a good mix of lectures and labs with the odd tutorials and workshops in Chemistry. Here you basically do modules that the people doing the "pure" subject do...for example in my first year I did "Core Chemistry 1A" which all the chemists and NatScis doing chem do, but the pure chemists also do Core Chem 1B too, as do some NatScis. This year I'm doing Core 2 and the organic lab module, whereas the chemists also do physical and inorganic lab modules. There are no modules that only NatScis do.

Any questions about Durham feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    I do NatSci at Durham, and here there's a good mix of lectures and labs with the odd tutorials and workshops in Chemistry. Here you basically do modules that the people doing the "pure" subject do...for example in my first year I did "Core Chemistry 1A" which all the chemists and NatScis doing chem do, but the pure chemists also do Core Chem 1B too, as do some NatScis. This year I'm doing Core 2 and the organic lab module, whereas the chemists also do physical and inorganic lab modules. There are no modules that only NatScis do.

Any questions about Durham feel free to ask

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.