Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this a lot to eat? :/ Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just your honest opinions please, I'm not attention seeking but was made to feel quite fat by family for eating a cooked breakfast which I didn't think was a particularly huge portion..

- 2 eggs
    - 2 bacon
    - 1/4 tin of beans
    - 1 piece of fried bread
    - 1 sausage ...

...?

Just a yea or no, I need to know if i'm thinking of portions that are bigger are smaller than what they are. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Quite normal for a cooked breakfast.

Should've thrown some chips on there!

ReputationRep:
    What? no.
    Whenever i order a cooked breakfast, or someone makes me one (i fail at cooking) it always has more than that.. and im a skinny guy (:

ReputationRep:
    Too small

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You_Missed_a_Bit)
    Just your honest opinions please, I'm not attention seeking but was made to feel quite fat by family for eating a cooked breakfast which I didn't think was a particularly huge portion..

- 2 eggs
    - 2 bacon
    - 1/4 tin of beans
    - 1 piece of fried bread
    - 1 sausage ...

...?

Just a yea or no, I need to know if i'm thinking of portions that are bigger are smaller than what they are. Thanks
    I usually have double the bread, 2-3 sausage and up the beans to half a can, plus I have mushrooms and a grilled tomato

ReputationRep:
    no, you need to add hash browns!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys for your responses...made me feel a little better I was told that that was a mans size breakfast

ReputationRep:
    No, pretty normal

ReputationRep:
    No, it's a normal portion for an English breakfast. Obviously if you ate this every day it would be a bit excessive, but as a once-a-week type thing it's fine

ReputationRep:
    I usually have 3 eggs, 4 bacon rashers, 3 sausages, half/thrid tin of beans, several mushrooms and 2 fried bread.

ReputationRep:
    That's a standard English Breakfast. Could do with the addition of hash browns if anything.

ReputationRep:
    I usually have....Nothing....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rishz)
    I usually have....Nothing....
    Maybe I should go back to not eating breakfast, especially the reaction I got x

ReputationRep:
    that is hardly anything. However, if you're already overweight that may be what they are getting at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retro21)
    that is hardly anything. However, if you're already overweight that may be what they are getting at.
    I'm 4ft 11 1/2 and weigh roughly 7 stones x

ReputationRep:
    yeah hit the gym fatty.

ReputationRep:
    nope! Not that much

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I should go back to not eating breakfast, especially the reaction I got x
    Do you normally not have breakfast then?? If not, that's probably why they commented - not because it was a big portion in general, but because it's a bit more than they'd usually see you having.

If the comments are getting to you, just say something like 'hey, it's a normal amount for a cooked breakfast, and besides, I felt like treating myself a bit for once'. Please don't let their reaction put you off having breakfast - I know from experience that starting to skip meals is certainly not a good thing to do...and after all, YOU know what's the right amount for YOU. And, I see you've stated your weight and height there too - a perfectly healthy weight, with a BMI of 19.5, so it's not like you shouldn't be having a cooked breakfast every so often (ie you're certainly not overweight or unhealthy)

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:

- 2 eggs
    - 2 bacon
    - 1/4 tin of beans
    - 1 piece of fried bread
    - 1 sausage ...

...?

It's fine, that's quite a small breakfast really.

My parents do exactly the same thing! Even though I'm a bloody size 10! really pisses me off :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    far too small

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.