Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically , in my business studies degree, the first exams i have are two accounting ones. Tomorrow. One is a written exam and one is a online exam, Both count towards 15% of the total module mark for the year, thus they are equally important.

The tutor has stated that we have a little more than enough time for both. This means, with the online exam, it seems easy to just have your book set up next to you, any revision notes.. especially if you have revision notes typed up you can just search for specific information, same with using google. There is no way they can stop us..

I have even thought (i cba to set this up, so i wont do it, but you could) about getting a group of people, maybe just one other person or two,and take it in turns doing the exam, different questions probably will appear but it means you get all the help from those.

The exam is easy for me as i've done accounting before so its not like it makes a big difference and im not going to complain about it :rolleyes:.

But , I just dont see how the university can let this happen, does this happen during later years? I kind of hope it doesnt.

ReputationRep:
    ok, I've never heard of a 'university' doing an online exam before... you say the exam is worth a certain percentage of a module, but does the module actually count towards your degree?

ReputationRep:
    We had some online exams (or quizzes as they got called!) that went towards our marks for psychology in 1st and I think 2nd year as well. I think it's just another/different method of assessment and yes there's absolutely nothing to stop you going on the internet or sitting with friends to do it, just the way it is I guess!

ReputationRep:
    Online? Are you sure it's not on a computer, but without internet access or with restricted access to whatever site is hosting the exam?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.