The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

CSM Pathways... Fine Art/Graphics/Diagnostic?! Please Help It's Urgent!

I am applying for several art foundation courses, inlcuding Central Saint Martins Art & Design Foundation Course
This year, you have to choose a pathway, and I am torn between Fine Art, Diagnostic Studies and Graphic & Communication Design.
I love Fine Art, and would easily choose Fine Art if I knew I'd have a job at the end of it all. But it's not that simple, so I'm considering taking the Graphics Pathway, which would lead me into a job in advertising. However the problem with that is, I have never done Graphic Design before and am worried I won't like it... therefore if I took the Diagnostic Studies Pathway, I could "dabble" in both graphics and fine art, and then choose fine art if I dont like graphics?
I guess my question is, if i DID choose the fine art pathway, and get to the end of the year with a portfolio of fine art, it would limit the degrees i could apply for. I'd basically have to end up doing a fine art degree wouldnt i? So with a fine art degree, where can I go?!
I'd love to be a creative in advertising... but that's a long way off.
In conclusion, I am very confused and need advice from people who have gone through this process. Plus I have to do my fuondation applications by firday because i'm leaving for australia til January.......... aaaaarrgghhhh
):

Quick Reply

Latest