Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Confusing Application Help watch

    • Thread Starter

    First of all, I am doing English Media (a fairly new course, as far as I know) and I'm not sure whether to put it as Media on my application or just say a new course.

    Secondly, my school moved from one site to another and we haven't done any exams in it, so how do I say I finished my AS in one school and then am still doing it in another?

    This is literally the last thing I have to do before I send it off so I would appreciate help ASAP.


    If English Media is an A level/BTEC or equivilant qualification then it will presumably have a title so just put it as whatever the actual title of the course is called on your application. There is no point calling it AQA A level Media when it isn't, its actually AQA A level English Media which is something different. These are examples, I have no idea what it is called, as your teachers if you're stuck.

    It is the centre number which counts, if the school you're doing all of your exams at is the same in terms of the centre number (ie: its the same school just with a new address as you got a new building) then you list them all as the same centre number. If the centre number has changed as you're now a different school (eg: your sixth form joined with another one) then you'll be able to get the new centre number from a teacher. However, if you haven't done any exams there, then all of your sixth form/higher level exam centre numbers will be the same. Your GCSEs might be a different centre number in this second situation, you'll know what centre you were at then from your certificates.
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.