Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR FIFA Ballon D'Or Poll Watch

• View Poll Results: The FIFA Ballon D'Or 2010 goes to...
    Messi
    46.67%
    Xavi
    26.67%
    Iniesta
    26.67%

ReputationRep:
    the final shortlist was released recently and since there hasnt been any discussion thread about it, i shall create one!

So who does TSR think deserve to win it? Cast your vote! (and maybe state a reason or two)

Personally, I think Iniesta. for his consistent contributions to the barca and spanish team and his pivotal goal in the final.

side note: really glad cristiano didnt make the shortlist.

ReputationRep:
    Sneijder.

From that list:
    1. Xavi
    2. Messi
    3. Iniesta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)
    Sneijder.
    From that list:
    1. Xavi
    2. Messi
    3. Iniesta
    This.

Treble in italy playing a huge part all the way then one of the leading scorers at the world cup as his team reached the final

ReputationRep:
    Xavi for me closely followed by Messi.
    I don't think Iniesta deserves it just for scoring a goal in one match, however important it may have been. He spent a lot of last season injured and Xavi had the better world cup overall anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Xavi.

Messi.
    Iniesta.

ReputationRep:
    Xavi.
    Messi.

Iniesta.

Sure he scored the WC final goal, but it was an easy put-away. He's a great player but not at the level of the above two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Sneijder's exclusion is a surprise. But get over it ffs.
    If Fifa produced a team of the year list that contained Real Madrid, Inter and Chelsea you'd be the first to be crying that Barca weren't in.

ReputationRep:
    Messi

ReputationRep:
    Why is Iniesta even there? He was injured a lot last season and didn't do enough to merit a place ahead of Sneijder.

ReputationRep:
    fifa is obv spainish, not including sneijder, what a bunch of nobs.

ReputationRep:
    No No No !

Where is Bale?

Only joking

From that list I'm going with Iniesta to be honest. His creativity and link up play is integral to Barca's play - without him you never see the best out of Messi to be honest as Xavi usually sits back and orchestrates the play while Iniesta links up with Messi, Pedro etc.

They are all class but I think Iniesta is the man in the middle that keeps it all in order.

ReputationRep:
    Messi

Xavi

Iniesta.

Messi is still the best player on the planet. 41 goals and a ridiculous amount of assists in 2010. I don't know why Iniesta is on the shortlist, he was injured for most of it but oh hes scored a goal in the World Cup final.

Xavi is a great player but Messi has been ridiculous again this past year. He didn't even have a bad World Cup, it was just Maradona's poor tactical nous/ Argentina's defensive frailties that ultimately led to their exit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Why is Iniesta even there? He was injured a lot last season and didn't do enough to merit a place ahead of Sneijder.
    Exactly this.

If they drafted in Iniesta for the "Spain factor" and his WC performances, then with that reasoning Xavi should get the award. Still convinced he will over Messi.

ReputationRep:
    Iniesta hasn't failed to reach 80% pass completion in a single La Liga game this season.

That's all I'm saying.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing Mikel hasn't either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    I'm guessing Mikel hasn't either
    lol. mikels too tall. thats prob why he didnt make the shortlist

ReputationRep:
    Iniesta ahead of Xavi on the poll? :lolwut::facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Based on this year, Xavi. But each of these guys are capable and deserving of winning it at this point in time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.