Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im going to do C1 past papers but I don't know which papers to do.

Which papers did you do? I mean from which date to which date.

also should i do the soloman papers? are they any good?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    All of them

ReputationRep:
    Just be careful, if you're going to be set a mock exam then make sure you don't do that paper so you can gain the most benefit from the mock. Often any mock exams use the latest paper but sometimes a teacher may use an earlier paper and they might not want to tell you which paper the exam is on in case you read the paper before the exams. So just discuss this with your teacher.

Apart from that, certainly do all the papers still listed on the website and if you have access to older papers then great but bear in mind that the really old papers would be quite different to the exam that you'll eventually sit.

I don't know about the Solomon papers but bear in mind that the official papers will be most similar to what you'll be sitting.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, do a Soloman paper or two, because if you can nail those you can nail the actual exam. And what we did at our college was to work backwards, did the older papers for revision first and got to the newer papers closer to the exam. (This was with Edexcel papers btw)

ReputationRep:
    ive done past papers from 05-10 but not Jan 10'.
    keep practising and make sure you get at least 90% in every paper you do and you could try the soloman papers but i wouldnt coz i dont wanna be worried.

but if you can do the soloman papers, then you have a good chance of getting an A in C1.

ReputationRep:
    When i did C1, i did From Jan 05 - June 09 of the edexcel papers. Never bothered with the solomon papers. If you do the edexcel papers you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    hmm,
    I have the edexcel C1 exam in january, i have now finished revising, i have done every official paper from 2005 to 2010 (12 Papers) + the official mock paper and specimen paper, my mean mark being 73/75 and I've got 100 5 times

Tbh once you've done 3 or 4 papers you get the hang of them, its always the same types of questions but just ordered differently, once you remember the type of question and understand how to solve it, its p**s easy

I wouldn't recommend the solomon papers however, I have tried a few of them and have attained 70+ marks in them but the question format is slightly different to the edexcel syllabus and isn't really so useful for us.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.