Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Forensics CSI to be precise. (crime scene investiagtion) [yes like the tv shows but they're so full of well..]
    I heard Teesside is good and they even have rooms which they set up to replicate murder scenes etc.
    Does anybody know of others in the UK and some in America to.

Also to go into a job in forensics is doing a course in CSI really the best route because I heard they often like people who have done courses such as biochemistry.

ReputationRep:
    No answers?

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to go into forensics, and please don't think it's like what you see on tv ...it's not! (that's what I've heard anyway). Jobs in forensics are very limited. I thought the forensic course (MChem in Forensic and Analytical Chemistry) course in Strathclyde uni looked very good and it has both professional accreditation with the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) and the Forensic Science Society, because it's a Masters and is a 5 year course with placement year. Take a look! There's also a Bsc Forensic Biology which is a 4 year course without placement year. Be careful because some forensic science degrees could be classified as "mickey mouse" degrees! Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishShortiex)
    I wanted to go into forensics, and please don't think it's like what you see on tv ...it's not! (that's what I've heard anyway). Jobs in forensics are very limited. I thought the forensic course (MChem in Forensic and Analytical Chemistry) course in Strathclyde uni looked very good and it has both professional accreditation with the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) and the Forensic Science Society, because it's a Masters and is a 5 year course with placement year. Take a look! There's also a Bsc Forensic Biology which is a 4 year course without placement year. Be careful because some forensic science degrees could be classified as "mickey mouse" degrees! Hope this helps
    Thaks dude. I know that some forensics degrees aren't seen as good while some are. Having to put quite a bit of research into this to know which to take but I will check out the two you told me about later today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnFarrell)
    Thaks dude. I know that some forensics degrees aren't seen as good while some are. Having to put quite a bit of research into this to know which to take but I will check out the two you told me about later today.
    Ok, your welcome!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.