Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi all !

So i'm in my senior year of high school and have already applied to several universities in the UK. I've received an offer from a couple of them . And I'm currently interested in studying Compute science in Leeds .. Can I get some opinions considering the university and this major there ?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I can share my opinion, as I hold an offer from Leeds to study Computer Science there next year. I was invited to an open day, before I recieved my offer. Personally, I think the University has fantastic facilities, and their School of Computing is easily the biggest I've ever seen.

There is one thing however, I don't think that Leeds is as popular for Computer Science as other similar Universities, mainly because I only saw about 10-12 applicants at the open day, whereas in comparision to Manchester and Sheffield, there were many more applicants at the open day when I went.

I don't think Leeds has a strong enough reputation for the course, in comparision to Manchester and Sheffield, however it does seem like a fantastic Uni. Good luck with whichever Uni you choose, but make sure it's a good one!

ReputationRep:
    thnx for ur opinion =D I haven't yet got response from all the universities , but for the time being i'm rooting for Leeds .. it's not just the great facilities as u mentioned, but also the location , it's near by where my friends will be studying at .. anyways I look forward to it ,, and good luck with your choice of uni ! and thnx again for ur post

ReputationRep:
    I study at Leeds and it is pretty cool I think the Computer Science department is in the same building as mine and always seems to have large bearded men walking around it so that must be a good sign

ReputationRep:
    beecher > hehehe I hope so .. mm can I ask you something ?? .. you see I've read through lots of comments in the net that the computer science major is " too hard " and a lot drop out ! is it really that hard ?? and I'm going to start with foundation year , soo isn't that supposed to give me the small steps before the big ones ?? as in make things a bit easier ? it's just that I've always loved solving math quizzes and always got around in the computer trying to discover new things , so I thought its the right major for me .. what do you think ? do you anything about the major ?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.