Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! Edinburgh Napier or Robert Gordon University Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ive already sent away my UCAS and have applied for robert gordon(aberdeen) as my back up, but Ive also applied for heriot-watt(edinburgh) and am not sure if picking robert gordon was a good idea due to its far up location, although it is ranked higher in general than napier on league tables they both offer good employability. Im in a real pickle mainly due to edinburgh being a more 'student' city than aberdeen
    (yes you can change choices)

ReputationRep:
    They're pretty much the same in reputation, although I believe it's RGU that does the best for employment prospects (don't quote me on that, though.)

If you don't want to go to Aberdeen, then have a different insurance.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what you're applying for but if it's business/management/finance/accountancy or engineering, then Robert Gordon by a country mile.

If it's computer science or something to do with IT then, well, neither - there are much better choices within Scotland for that.

(Original post by TheSownRose)
    They're pretty much the same in reputation
    No, they're not. You only have to look at the types of companies that turn up to a Robert Gordon University careers fair to see the difference.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.