Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Godspeed You! Black Emperor Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So is anyone else off to see the frankly awesome GY!BE tomorrow in Manchester or on any other date for that matter? Looking at the footage from ATP at the weekend it's going to be immense...

Anyway for those who know Manchester, is it possible to walk (in a reasonable time) from Piccadilly Station to Academy 1? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    damn i ****ing wish mate have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White Noise)
    damn i ****ing wish mate have fun!
    Cheers man, sorry to hear you can't go...

Supposed to be seeing them in Glasgow tomorrow. I foolishly went home for the weekend and now i can't get back up because there's no buses. I'll walk if I have to.

ReputationRep:
      Bristol gig this weekend but it's sold out and I have no ticket, ashgdgjwshdjklashdgsjagdfhasdbnj kgsdghfhrfhg.

Any reports of people with spare tickets for sale shall be rewarded with cake!

ReputationRep:
      I was at the manchester show, was pretty amazing. Loved that they got proper film projectors in with two guys rushing round with reams of film round their necks To be honest, I was a bit tired, so a 2hr15 set was a mission, but well worth it.
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Billy Pilgrim)
      So is anyone else off to see the frankly awesome GY!BE tomorrow in Manchester or on any other date for that matter? Looking at the footage from ATP at the weekend it's going to be immense...

Anyway for those who know Manchester, is it possible to walk (in a reasonable time) from Piccadilly Station to Academy 1? Thanks.
      Half an hour walk.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Svenjamin)
      I was at the manchester show, was pretty amazing. Loved that they got proper film projectors in with two guys rushing round with reams of film round their necks To be honest, I was a bit tired, so a 2hr15 set was a mission, but well worth it.
      Yeah that was really awesome, gave the footage a cool effect as well. Man, I really didn't notice they played for so long, it just flew by. I think it'll be a long while before I see another band who get anywhere close to what GY!BE pulled off.

ReputationRep:
      Seeing them down here next week. Can't wait. Saw Silver Mt Zion a few months back and they were great, Efrim was brilliant, and the only thing that can top Silver Mt Zion is GY!BE.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.