Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Told it's 'too late to join the college' now? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm in AS year and have been studying them since this september. The problem is I really don't enjoy the college I'm going to, despite the fact that I thought it would be really good when I joined it. I want to join the college which some of my friends are going to which I think looks really good. I checked the website, and looked into the courses i am doing and the website said that there will still available places for all of them, but when I went to the college to speak to them today, I was told that it would be too late to join...
    What should I do now? :/

The college I want to joinis Barnet College btw, and I'm studying English Lit, Chemistry, Biology and Psychology.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Ask the college if they'd take you in at the start of your A2 year. If not, try a couple of other colleges and if they say no for now then ask if you can join for year 13 next year.

ReputationRep:
    Well the chances of them doing exactly the same exam board for all 4 of your subjects is slim, then there's the matter of altering the entries for any exams in January. Your best bet if you want to move is to move as soon as you've finished your AS exams, don't wait until september as most places start A2 in June and until then I would just stick with it, it goes a lot quicker than you might think.

ReputationRep:
    bump.
    thanks for the suggestions guys i think ill just have to wait until may/june when I'm done with my AS Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymousboy)
    Well I'm in AS year and have been studying them since this september. The problem is I really don't enjoy the college I'm going to, despite the fact that I thought it would be really good when I joined it. I want to join the college which some of my friends are going to which I think looks really good. I checked the website, and looked into the courses i am doing and the website said that there will still available places for all of them, but when I went to the college to speak to them today, I was told that it would be too late to join...
    What should I do now? :/

The college I want to joinis Barnet College btw, and I'm studying English Lit, Chemistry, Biology and Psychology.
    I'd just like to add its very possible they didn't bother updating the website. Which college are you at btw? Woodhouse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    I'd just like to add its very possible they didn't bother updating the website. Which college are you at btw? Woodhouse?
    Nope, I go to Fortismere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymousboy)
    Nope, I go to Fortismere
    Ah, its just because you said college rather than 6th form. i know a couple of people who moved there (but have left now) and both were very disapointed with it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.