Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Last Friday afternoon I slipped on the ice, fell backwards and landed on my left wrist. I went to casualty where they x-rayed it and said they couldn't see any breaks. However, the nurse said as it was so swollen there was a possibility it that there could be a hairline fracture somewhere. I was told the pain would go after resting it for two days but it still hurts a lot and can't bare any weight.

Should I go and ask for another x-ray?

ReputationRep:
    You should probably contact some health professional.

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping you wouldn't explain how you injured it and I could say something like; "get a girlfriend"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    I was hoping you wouldn't explain how you injured it and I could say something like; "get a girlfriend"

LMAO
    I had the same intention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    You should probably contact some health professional.
    I'm scared the nurse at casualty will remember me and think I'm a sop :/

(Original post by Liam 09)

I'm a lady

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mugpencup)
    I'm a lady
    OH sorry :P didn't bother to check

ReputationRep:
    Go to your doctor. They may refer you to have it xrayed which will most likely be quicker than going to A&E.

ReputationRep:
    Go back and say what you've told us.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.