Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do girls comment "stunning" on unattractive girl's facebook pics? Watch

ReputationRep:
    ok, this might sound really mean.. well it does but whatever, most people think it...

why do girls post things like "gorgeous" and "stunning" on other girls profile pics even if they're... not? (trying to put it nicely here!)

why do they have to comment at all? in my experience it just makes some of them really big headed and arrogant.

EDIT - before anyone says anything, i don't think they should go around saying "ewww fuglay" or anything, i'm just wondering why they say anything, because on facebook i find that the less than attractive girls get all the "beautiful" comments and the genuinly really pretty ones hardly get any, and seem to be nicer too.

ReputationRep:
    Ugly Girl 1: 'wow you stunner'
    Ugly girl 2: 'why thanks, but you're even more beautiful'

Its this whole, you comment on my picture telling me I'm beautiful, and I'll do likewise.

ReputationRep:
    To make themselfes feel even more stunning.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, for their own benefit, and maybe to be seen as nice?

ReputationRep:
    Well OP, because they are awful awful people really, and deserve to all be rounded up and gassed, sick ugly puppies that they are.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    to make their friends feel good. Never white lied about someone else's appearance?

ReputationRep:
    Living in the hope of a similar comment in return or to try and boost confidence.

ReputationRep:
    Girls naturally phish for comments.

ReputationRep:
    a) Because even ugly girls need a confidence boost
    b) Because if they've done something with their hair or make-up that makes them look better then telling them they look especially good might make realise that they should be doing that more often.

ReputationRep:
    The same reason they say "aw s/he's beautiful" about the many hideous babies on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    Because maybe they genuinely think they look pretty? :dontknow:

LOL why was I negged for this? :rolleyes: It may very well be true! I personally haven't seen anyone with a comment like 'stunning' or whatever when the person isn't - just an observation.

ReputationRep:
    Banter.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's mean, I've wondered the same thing myself!

Probably to give the girlfriend on the receiving end a confidence boost, and maybe hoping to get one in return!

ReputationRep:
    Because people who post pictures taken by themselves are fishing for compliments and get all depressed when people don't say they are stunning, beautiful etc.

ReputationRep:
    In their own mind, they are being ironic by saying "stunning".

ReputationRep:
    Think of it as a communal jerk off

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EKR93)
    Because people who post pictures taken by themselves are fishing for compliments and get all depressed when people don't say they are stunning, beautiful etc.
    This, imagine how you would feel if you went to so much effort to look really nice for facebook and noone give a ****... A lot of the times I don't give a ****, perhaps there friends don't even give a ****. The girl uploading the pic would feel like **** if noone gave a ****, so that is why her friends compliment her so she doesn't feel like ****.

Or they may be genuine as she may actually look hot:dontknow:

Pardon my language

ReputationRep:
    1. they are genuinely trying to be nice / feel sorry for them
    2. trying to become closer as friends and are hoping for the same treatment in return
    3. they are deluded and actually think they look good
    4. they think they look good on that particular photo compared to how they usually look
    5. they're being ironic and are laughing their asses of with their friends while the person in question goes "aww thanks luv, u too xoxo"

I, however, never tell someone they're beautiful unless they actually are :pierre:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.