Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Mr Cameron said: ‘If what you mean by Zionist, someone who believes that the Jews have a right to a homeland in Israel and a right to their country then yes I am a Zionist and I’m proud of the fact that Conservative politicians down the ages have played a huge role in helping to bring this about.’

Source:

http://archbishop-cranmer.blogspot.c...-im-proud.html

Well he is of Jewish descent after all; a descendent of Emile and Elijah Levita in fact, and of William IV who also has Jewish ancestry. Nothing spectacular really. Afterall, the royals and the political elite in this country are Zionists. Queen, Brown, Milliband, Blair, all of them are Zionists and very possibly are of Askhenazi Jewish stock, or maybe Sephardic - who knows?

It's brave of him to declare it. I can only think of one politician who has of recent declared his Zionism and that was Joe Biden the U.S. senator.

ReputationRep:
    BORING.

ReputationRep:
    Death to Cameron!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    BORING.
    If you don't like it then go away. Go play darts or something.

ReputationRep:
    Better source needed, that's coming from a blog :dry:

ReputationRep:
    "Jews have a right to a homeland in Israel" That's fine....it's neutral

He's not saying "and no-one else has a right to a homeland in Israel"

He's very carefully constructed that sentence, in a way that doesn't offend anyone. So he's gaining Israeli support but at the same time not losing the support of *certain* opposers of Zionism

Politically safe answer

ReputationRep:
    well the leaders of the entire western world seem to be zionists. The only difference is cameron admitted it. We already knew they were by looking at the way they allow israel to continue their oppression of an entire population....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    Better source needed, that's coming from a blog :dry:
    http://www.jpost.com/International/A....aspx?id=64803

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I disagree with him, but I respect him for saying it.

ReputationRep:
    So many politicians come from Jewish descent

ReputationRep:
    "Vhateva no big deal!"

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why this is meant to be a thread?
    Israel is meant to be the USA's closest ally. As somebody above said, most of the Western world seems Zionist... or at the very least apathetic.

ReputationRep:
    You stupid ****.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a big deal. America and western Europe is very pro-Israel already, so there is nothing "brave" about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazamak)
    "Jews have a right to a homeland in Israel" That's fine....it's neutral

He's not saying "and no-one else has a right to a homeland in Israel"

He's very carefully constructed that sentence, in a way that doesn't offend anyone. So he's gaining Israeli support but at the same time not losing the support of *certain* opposers of Zionism

Politically safe answer
    and a right to their country

You missed the most telling part.

ReputationRep:
    All he's saying is that he recognises Israel as a country, just like every other western leader in the last 60 years has. He most certainly isn't a Zionist in the racist and extremist sense which is opposed by just about everyone.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good thing Ed Milliband is Polish then.

ReputationRep:
    WTF is a Zionist I keep seeing this word EVERY where on TSR !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arbolus)
    All he's saying is that he recognises Israel as a country, just like every other western leader in the last 60 years has. He most certainly isn't a Zionist in the racist and extremist sense which is opposed by just about everyone.

Most Zionists arn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benammieh)
    WTF is a Zionist I keep seeing this word EVERY where on TSR !
    a zionist simply means somebody who supports the jews right to have a jewish-majority homeland.

but a BBC panorama show has revealed something i knew all along that muslims are growing up being taught that zionists are helping to take over the world for the jews...

anti-semitic propaganda, and the propaganda is spreading to non-muslims who now all think 'zionist' is an evil person trying to conquer the world

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.