The Student Room Group

Worried short girl :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
Hey there, so i'm 17 and 4' 11", and a little worried right now. I've never really been bothered about my height, my boyfriend is average height and i've just never thought about it. Now though, i'm starting to get a few snide comments here and there about how nobody's ever going to believe my age, and that i'm going to look out of place at university when I go because i'll look like a child.

Now, I really wish I wasn't worried about this but I am. Are there any other particularly short people out there who get the same kind of thing? Do you feel out of place/like you look younger than everyone else at university?

Please, settle my mind >____<

I don't really see your problem. You're a girl so you shouldn't worry. On the other hand, if you were a guy then you would have a really serious problem.
I really wouldn't worry about it. I'm average height at 5'3", although I was convinced whilst at school that I was rather small, as everyone I knew (male and female) was at least 5'7". That's hilarious now because at least 3 of my friends are shorter than me, especially my flat mate who is under 5'.

Just expect to be ID'd more often than most! Oh but if you look really young, some of my friends (in their 20s) were hit on by 15 year olds. Something to watch out for.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey there, so i'm 17 and 4' 11", and a little worried right now. I've never really been bothered about my height, my boyfriend is average height and i've just never thought about it. Now though, i'm starting to get a few snide comments here and there about how nobody's ever going to believe my age, and that i'm going to look out of place at university when I go because i'll look like a child.

Now, I really wish I wasn't worried about this but I am. Are there any other particularly short people out there who get the same kind of thing? Do you feel out of place/like you look younger than everyone else at university?

Please, settle my mind >____<

I'm the same height as you and a bit older. I don't feel that out of place - I mean I'm used to it and it's not like I can really do anything about it so yeah. I mean, I can get by as a child on the tube lol. Don't let comments get to you, seriously. I didn't even know people cared about height enough to give remarks like that anymore.

You get a student card and ID anyway if you ever need to prove your age to someone who actually matters (like in the pub ;D)

PS My boyfriend is 6'1" so together we do have a bit of a height difference. Just try to accept that shorter girls are usually cuter and there's nothing wrong with being short.

Quick Reply

Latest