Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all!

Many agree that having sex with a flatmate is a very bad idea since you'll be living with them for the remaining of the year and it could get awkward. seems logical a reason

But i've noticed that no one mentioned anything about a fellow coursemate at university, surely it should apply the same as the flatmate? does it matter as much or not?

two questions

do you agree or disagree if the course consist of 20 and MORE students

but

do you agree or disagree if the course consist of 20 and LESS students

I'm asking because we were discussing about this question amongst the flatmates, the answers were different but i would like to know what the TSR community thinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    Hello all!

Many agree that having sex with a flatmate is a very bad idea since you'll be living with them for the remaining of the year and it could get awkward. seems logical a reason

But i've noticed that no one mentioned anything about a fellow coursemate at university, surely it should apply the same as the flatmate? does it matter as much or not?

do you agree or disagree?
    Personally, I don't think its really the same at all. You have to actually /live/ with a flatmate afterwards. See them looking crap first thing in the morning, share washing up etc. With a course mate, depending on the size of your course, you probably won't even see them daily. Much less room for it to get awkward.

ReputationRep:
    HIT THAT!

If shes fit that is..
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It depends what course you're doing..
    You're pretty much guarenteed to run into your flatmates all the time.. and on certain courses you're going to be in the same circumstances.. but on certain courses there are lots of people so I guess it wouldn't be so much of a problem
    But why do you even ask?

ReputationRep:
    If it's sex where the girl thinks you love her, then you brush her off and therefore cause heartbreak, it's a no-go because of infinate potential awkwardness and bad feeling.
    If you want a relationship/ no strings attached sex (and both of you understand that), I don't see why it would be too much of a problem.

ReputationRep:
    The Platinum Rule.
    If you can easily avoid them if things go bad then go for it, if not don't.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.