Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been dating this guy for the past 6 months (have been seeing him for the last year) and have been ecstatically happy. Until Saturday night when I found some other girl's jewellery on the bedside table and condom wrappers in his bin...

What really upsets me is the fact that before we started going out all my friends warned me of his reputation and past, but I was willing to see the good in him, and take his word that I could trust him and that he wouldn't hurt me.

I feel like such an idiot for blindly trusting him and now doubt everything he has ever said to me - 'i'm going to see my sister/ my dad/ work late' REALLY??? How do I know this hasn't been going on all along behind my back?
    I genuinely feel like such a fool and that is the most painful bit, along with the fact that he hasn't said anything apart from 'I'm sorry' and 'I love you very much'. He hasn't tried fighting for me which makes me feel like I'm not worth it.

What do I do to make myself feel better??? I can't sit here and cry anymore (my eyes have swollen shut).

I completely understand what you are going through, im going through a similar situation, but all i can say is that he is not worth you! whats the point in fighting for a relationship he doesnt even care about! ask yourself that. i was young and dum i put up with it for far to long, please dont make the same mistake you could go out there and actually spend your time on someone who care.

I know it is easier said then done, but it is the truth... i too am trying to take my own advice!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.