Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Insurance ! Trying to get insured ? Impossible ?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So trying to get insured on my moms 1.4 astra 2002 something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-Vauxhall-...item2a0bd1f19e

seems impossbile

all quotes are like 2400 +++ can i get anything cheaper then this i havent been ringing companies those quotes i have been getting online.

What if i tried to get insured on dads toldeo 1.6 its a saloon insurance group 5e do you think i can get something below 2000 ?

please help me

i am not going to drive the car more then them as they use it everyday to go to work i i will only use it if i have to go somewhere

please please please

ReputationRep:
    1. Try Quinn Direct, they were cheap for me back in the day.
    2. Fiddle with levels of cover, see if Fully Comp or 3rd Party is better.

If neither of them work, and all other searches prove fruitless, accept that you either live in a rubbish area, are trying to drive cars that are far too big and powerful and are just cursed by being the age you are.

ReputationRep:
    Considering you have told us nothing about yourself (age, sex, time passed, area you live in etc) how are we supposed to have any idea! Why don't you run your dads toldeo through a comparison website and see. Also why don't you just get yourself added to your parents insurance. That will add a hell of a lot less than getting your own insurance!

There is cheap insurance around (my Ford Focus 1.6 is £400pa and I'm 22) just not if you are a bloke, have just passed, are 17 and live in a s*** area.

ReputationRep:
    18 passed 2 months ago live in a D area yes i want to be a second driver

ReputationRep:
    Just get them to add you as a named driver? Im sure that would be cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starex)
    18 passed 2 months ago live in a D area yes i want to be a second driver
    You are probably going to be a bit stuffed then untill you are a bit older and have been driving a bit longer.
    But like others have said- try both your mum and dads cars and see what you can get on comparason websites. They are quite good. Also try tesco- they were cheap for me. Also try third party fire and theft as well as fully comp to see what that does.

ReputationRep:
    Admiral are fairly decent, Direct Line are one of the better companies also.

ReputationRep:
    any more ideas ?

ReputationRep:
    Buy your own car?
    Try a Morris Minor and get yourself a quick quote through Lancaster. I'll be amazed if it's more than a grand.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.