Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wtf do I get my girlfriend for our anniversary/Christmas and then birthday?! Watch

Our 3 year anniversary is on the 20th, then Christmas, then her birthday 20th of Jan.

I have been saving for a new motorbike, so its either a big present and no motorbike, or a present which costs no money at all, and I get a motorbike.
    She has told me she would love me to get a motorbike, because I could go see her far more often and thats a present in its self for her. I know she truly means that as well!

BUT

Im not sure if I could do that.
    I kind of feel like I have to get her something fairly major, because she took me to Wembley to watch England, and stay in London for my 18th.

So 1:
    What do you guys think I should do? Motorbike, **** present?
    Or a very expensive present which covers all three events, and no motorbike

2: If I was to go for a motorbike, what could I do thats free but still special? (nooo not sex )

3:
    What could I get her, with a £600/700 budget?! Im like a kid in a candy shop!

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Can you not go for a comfortable middle ground or something? You're talking about spending £6-700 on anniversary, christmas and her birthday... That's a hell of a lot really. Bring that down a bit (To 200ish I'd say) and put the rest of the money towards your bike.

(Original post by TShadow383)
    Can you not go for a comfortable middle ground or something? You're talking about spending £6-700 on anniversary, christmas and her birthday... That's a hell of a lot really. Bring that down a bit (To 200ish I'd say) and put the rest of the money towards your bike.
    Im an all or nothing kind of guy

ReputationRep:
    i'm with the other poster. that kind of money is waaay too much. Why not by her a nice piece of jewellery for up to £200 as a sign of your love and commitment? and you'll still soon be able to get your motorbike. sorted

ReputationRep:
    get her the motorbike?

Its all verywell you saving for the motorbike, i assume you've got enough for all the gear too? if not, spend half your savings on getting her a present, and save the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get her an anniversary present. Just give her a good experience. Perhaps cook her dinner or something.

Christmas; you can get lots of nice little things cheaply. Don't spend more than £35, there's just no need to buy jewellery or other expensive things.

Ditto for her birthday. Maybe take her out for a show, or a trip somewhere (on your motorbike), possibly with a picnic. Wrap up warm Again, no need to spend more than £35.

The nicest thing my bf sometimes does for me is make me home made cards

ReputationRep:
    "wtf do I get my girlfriend for Christmas..."

Why don't you ask her:

"wtf do you want for Christmas, your birthday and anniversary?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Our 3 year anniversary is on the 20th, then Christmas, then her birthday 20th of Jan.

I have been saving for a new motorbike, so its either a big present and no motorbike, or a present which costs no money at all, and I get a motorbike.
    She has told me she would love me to get a motorbike, because I could go see her far more often and thats a present in its self for her. I know she truly means that as well!

BUT

Im not sure if I could do that.
    I kind of feel like I have to get her something fairly major, because she took me to Wembley to watch England, and stay in London for my 18th.

So 1:
    What do you guys think I should do? Motorbike, **** present?
    Or a very expensive present which covers all three events, and no motorbike

2: If I was to go for a motorbike, what could I do thats free but still special? (nooo not sex )

3:
    What could I get her, with a £600/700 budget?! Im like a kid in a candy shop!

Cheers.
    She probably won't know if you got her a bit of jewellery for £50 or less, and she'll never ask for the price, if you were thinking of that. Alternatively/additionally you could get something (bracelet/ring/locket) engraved on the jewellery to make it more personal.

Maybe she's mentioned perfume she really wanted/liked. Ask around (her friends/family) to see if there's anything she's always wanted since she was a kid.

As for free things... Gonna take time and/or effort if you want it to make her feel really special/happy imo. Things like writing her letters or something.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/22755/101-Romantic-Ideas

ReputationRep:
    Could you make her something so it would be personal? I mean I love being spoilt by my boyfriend, but I love it even more when he just makes me a cake/draws me something and actually takes the time to give me something personal. Also, maybe if you spend that much this time round, you'll feed obliged to do the same the next time. I think for your 3 years you could make her a card and write some of your best memories of the past 3 years inside. For Christmas why not buy her a small stocking and put some cute presents in, make cakes/cookies and put them in too. For her birthday go and visit her with the motorbike and cook her a meal/take her out for the evening.

ReputationRep:
    Spend 200 and keep the rest and then you only have to save a little more to get a bike, and she gets 3 really nice presents(sortof split the money for each or just get her a mega present with the 200)

ReputationRep:
    Could you get her some gear for the motorbike, eg. a nice helmet with built-in bluetooth headsets so the two of you could go out on trips on the bike? How about something like a Pandora/Trollbeads/Lovelinks charm bracelet, it's something you can add to all the time which is good if you often get stuck for presents. Take a look at I Want One Of Those and Firebox - two great websites for slightly more unusual presents. Personally I think that £600/700 is a lot of money, £200 is a bit better. You could always take her away somewhere if you've got your heart set on spending a lot of money on her - is there a West End show she's always wanted to see or a city she's always wanted to go to?

ReputationRep:
    Spend £150/£200 so the motorbike fund isn't totally depleted. Everyone wins

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.