Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HE is really NOT my type! how do i tell him? Watch

ReputationRep:
    hello
    I met this guy on a chat room, we started talking and he seemed nice. then we went on msn, and there i saw his display pic, I really don't find him attractive and to me looks are very important. we have been talking for two weeks now, and we're going on a date soon. I really don't know how to tell him that he is not my type and shouldn't waste his time on me? any ideas

ReputationRep:
    Come across as really gross on the date. Chew with your mouth open, burp, fart, pick your nose, don't shower or wash your hair.

That should do the job for you.

EDIT: Joking, don't go that extreme, but if you don't see yourself ever being attracted to him it may help if you come across as someone he won't want to go out with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    Come across as really gross on the date. Chew with your mouth open, burp, fart, pick your nose, don't shower or wash your hair.

That should do the job for you.
    why bother with all that?

Just message him and say you wanted to only be online buddies.

ReputationRep:
    Say that he is not your type and list all the desirable physical/facial traits that you desire in a partner.

Then you can cancel the date.

Easy, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    hahahahaha loser

ReputationRep:
    Stop talking to him on MSN. It's not like you're best friends or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Throw an olive at him, that should do the trick.

ReputationRep:
    Say you can't make it to the date? Just make any excuse up. Then block him on MSN.

ReputationRep:
    several methods

I no speak english, I'm married to the sea, I don't want to kill you but I will

failing that, six simple words: I'm not gay, but I'll learn

good luck, let me know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    why bother with all that?

Just message him and say you wanted to only be online buddies.
    Or do this, if you want to be boring :p:

Sorry. I'll stop now. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    God, there's some harsh 'uns on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    Or do this, if you want to be boring :p:

Sorry. I'll stop now. :getmecoat:
    better idea when out with the guy ::bricks:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    several methods

I no speak english, I'm married to the sea, I don't want to kill you but I will

failing that, six simple words: I'm not gay, but I'll learn

good luck, let me know how it goes
    you are sososoooo funny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kMt)
    hello
    I met this guy on a chat room, we started talking and he seemed nice. then we went on msn, and there i saw his display pic, I really don't find him attractive and to me looks are very important. we have been talking for two weeks now, and we're going on a date soon. I really don't know how to tell him that he is not my type and shouldn't waste his time on me? any ideas
    Pics or GTFO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kMt)
    to me looks are very important
    Are you sure you have a choice about this considering you have resulted to setting up dates with complete strangers on chat rooms?
    Just saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheQuickestSilver)
    Are you sure you have a choice about this considering you have resulted to setting up dates with complete strangers on chat rooms?
    Just saying.
    there are some good looking men on chat rooms haha

ReputationRep:
    "you are not my type"

ReputationRep:
    Dont tell him that he's not your type. (he'll know its the picture now)
    There is no need to say that.

Its only been two weeks:rolleyes: im sure he'll survive if you tell him you dont want to meet up.

Then make your mind up, either tell him you just want to be friends, continue talking and meet up at some later stage.

Or stop talking slowly so you dont lead him on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kMt)
    hello
    Pics or GTFO!

edit:Pics of you btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    Pics or GTFO!

edit:Pics of you btw
    errr why do you want to see my pic?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.