Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do some guys prefer average looking girls when much more attractive girls are around? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I joined this other club two months back and one of the guys who was already a member is extremely attractive, he‘s just an all rounder. A lot of girls fancy him and some really haven’t made a secret of it; he’s been chatted up by some of the girls on a few occasions when we've gone out.

I’m starting to wonder if he fancies me though because he recently asked for my number and said we should go out for a drink sometime. Now I’m puzzled because two of the girls have tried flirting with him and they are so so hot and really glam. If he is interested in me I’m just wondering why he would ignore girls whose level of attractiveness matches his own for just an average Jane like me.

Before people say personality, I should also add that I seem to lack personality, if anyone were to describe me, they would say shy, reserved and subdued. So boring.

If he is interested it makes me really apprehensive because I have this impression that all attractive guys are arrogant. I also don’t understand why he hasn't shown interest to the other two girls. Could it be the Bridget Jones effect?

ReputationRep:
    he wants his sausage in you.

ReputationRep:
    Some people want dull.
    He wants you, why worry about it?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Stop being a ***** and just go with it. He probably likes you, rather than those other two sluts.

ReputationRep:
    No. All of us guys are ruthless shallow creatures who just want a quick shag buddy....

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they do. It sucks.

ReputationRep:
    He may not share your idea of what is attractive in girls. Just go along with it if you think he's alright, see where it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe he just fancies you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Some guys prefer ''average'' girls. super hot sexy girls are just fantasies for guys. Most guys still want that average girl who is more interesting than a girl who would be quick to chat up any guy she sees. then again, be wary he might just want 2 see how far he could it take it with you ? on the other hand, going or drinks might just mean .. going for drinks.

ReputationRep:
    You may construe your sense of being reserved with being boring, etc but some guys, I included, on ocassions perceive that as depth, personality and all the wonderful attributes which seem to be obsolete in quite a lot of girls today. Embrace this attention and stop worrying

ReputationRep:
    He probably sees something in you that you don't see yourself - a natural thing every one of us does is underestimating ourselves. Don't think about it too much. The guy is interested in you .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    I joined this other club two months back and one of the guys who was already a member is extremely attractive, he‘s just an all rounder. A lot of girls fancy him and some really haven’t made a secret of it; he’s been chatted up by some of the girls on a few occasions when we've gone out.

I’m starting to wonder if he fancies me though because he recently asked for my number and said we should go out for a drink sometime. Now I’m puzzled because two of the girls have tried flirting with him and they are so so hot and really glam. If he is interested in me I’m just wondering why he would ignore girls whose level of attractiveness matches his own for just an average Jane like me.

Before people say personality, I should also add that I seem to lack personality, if anyone were to describe me, they would say shy, reserved and subdued. So boring.

If he is interested it makes me really apprehensive because I have this impression that all attractive guys are arrogant. I also don’t understand why he hasn't shown interest to the other two girls. Could it be the Bridget Jones effect?
    I am often attracted intensely to girls who are deemed 'average' by others (particularly by other women, if anything). I don't usually find the stereotypical ideal very attractive at all. It really is true that a person's character, facial expressions, mannerisms etc affect how each individual perceives them.

ReputationRep:
    so the hot girls are free? yay!

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm guilty of this most of the time. Looks really aren't everything. Stop being so cynical and go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Stop worrying! Just go for it - the most important thing is to be confident. If he sees that you are insecure and wondering why he's with you, it'll only be a matter of time before he has doubts himself..

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the cliché "perfect" girl. I prefer more subtle beauty :yes:

ReputationRep:
    diversifying, smart lad

ReputationRep:
    Trying to shag you for a dare?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for the responses, I can sort of make sense of it from the different perspectives. I suppose I should see how things go and not be too judgemental

ReputationRep:
    Not me!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.