Aftermath of a Full Nuclear War Watch

This discussion is closed.
Taslima
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
What would happen in the aftermath of full nuclear war?

Would the Government be totally obliterated? Would any vestiges of the old authority survive?

Would there be anarchy? Famine?

Would you eventually see the country fragment into hundreds or even thousands (considering the size of the US) of little fifedoms controlled by local gangs, militias, and warlords? Or would it stay together?

Would people whose ancestors were from the "other country(s)" be hated and persecuted? (E.G. if Russia or China nuked the US, would Russian-Americans or Chinese-Americans be hated loathed and discriminated against in the post-nuking US)?

How do you think life in the post-nuking America would be, generally?

What would you do?
Hibbsy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Taslima)
What would happen in the aftermath of full nuclear war?

Would the Government be totally obliterated? Would any vestiges of the old authority survive?

Would there be anarchy? Famine?

Would you eventually see the country fragment into hundreds or even thousands (considering the size of the US) of little fifedoms controlled by local gangs, militias, and warlords? Or would it stay together?

Would people whose ancestors were from the "other country(s)" be hated and persecuted? (E.G. if Russia or China nuked the US, would Russian-Americans or Chinese-Americans be hated loathed and discriminated against in the post-nuking US)?

How do you think life in the post-nuking America would be, generally?

What would you do?

If you ever have the time, pop down to your local library and get the video/film called 'Threads'. It should answer most of your questions, despite being a few decades now out of touch.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Hibbsy)
If you ever have the time, pop down to your local library and get the video/film called 'Threads'. It should answer most of your questions, despite being a few decades now out of touch.
There was a similar drama series on ITV a few years back, called 'The Last Train'. It portrayed the effects of a meteor, but I thought at the time very similar conditions would arise post nuclear war.

I think militia would be established, with spheres of influence. War lords and the like, making society extremely tribal.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Seeing as the world would still be run by GWB from his little bunker, i wouldn't saty it would be very much different.
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I believe things would still stick together, even without a government. The police would still obey their commanding officers and they would still petrol the streets. People would still go to work everyday and money would still flow. In the mean time, another government would somehow be formed.
Taslima
i think, the majority of the earth would become a desert, with some messed up vegetation. The few people who survived would evolve into some reptilian things, lol.

If there was total nuclear war the world would come to an end, no one would survive. Anarchy cannot exist. Someone will always rise to power and there will always be rules, whether people follow them or not is a different story.

BUT!.. when a nuclear war starts I'll go and hide in New Zealand.

Good old inoffensive New Zealand.
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Good idea, I might join you. :rolleyes:

The sheep will protect us.
Taslima
I hear cockroaches are the only living things that would survive in a nuclear holocaust, something about their antibodies?

I think they are not the ONLY living species that would survive but Roaches can survive just about anything thrown there way. Thats why they've survived for millions of years.

But no matter how much they evolve they'll never develop a resistence to the bottom of my shoe >;D
phreek
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Taslima)
I hear cockroaches are the only living things that would survive in a nuclear holocaust, something about their antibodies?

I think they are not the ONLY living species that would survive but Roaches can survive just about anything thrown there way. Thats why they've survived for millions of years.

But no matter how much they evolve they'll never develop a resistence to the bottom of my shoe >;D
What about the big one in MIB?
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
someone's been reading too much King's The Last Gunslinger.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
There was a similar drama series on ITV a few years back, called 'The Last Train'. It portrayed the effects of a meteor, but I thought at the time very similar conditions would arise post nuclear war.
Bit of trivia for you... where was the tunnel that they were in ?
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Bit of trivia for you... where was the tunnel that they were in ?
Sheffield
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
Sheffield
Correct.

The Dronfield Tunnel.
(North of Chesterfield, before you get to Sheffield.)

Makes my ears pop everytime I go in, and out of it, from either side.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (529)
80.27%
Leave (130)
19.73%

Watched Threads