Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thinking about usng henna hair dye... Watch

ReputationRep:
    :cool: Does what it says on the tin :cool:

Nah, in all seriousness... I have ginger hair and I was thinking of using henna to make it a bit redder... Over the years my hair has had blonde highlights, brown streaks and dyed brown fully, so it's a bit gruffy looking... Especially at the front of my head (where my fringe would be, if I had one lol) you can see there are lighter streaks where the blonde used to be, even though it was literally lke 6 or so years ago that I got them!!

The dying my hair brown was a bit of a disaster... The first time I didn't use enough dye because my hair is sooo thick, so there was random ginger streaks still in! Then I got it done again for my formal, had to use 2 packs of dye (got it done at the hairdressers to avoid dodgyness!) and it went realllllly dark. So then when it started to grow out it looks ridiculous. This was last year and it's only gotten back to the original red colour now!! :eek3:

So, I thought, chemical dye is a bit harsh on it. Then I saw henna on the lush website!

So has anyone ever used it? How long does the colour last, and is the colour as harsh as chemical dye?? I just want my hair to be slightly 'redder' , not completely fire truck red, and I'm afraid if I use chemical dye it might be too strong a colour!

Any advice or comments would be brilliant, thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.