Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

house mate doesnt like to shower Watch

Hi basically i'm a student living with 2 lad mates but one of them hasnt had a shower for literally 3 weeks and is starting to smell really bad. me and my flat mate want to say something to him because our livingroom is starting to stink but we dont know how to go about it without making him or us feel awkward, we really need some help on how we can sort the situation out.. any advice?

ReputationRep:
    WTF :lolwut:

Take him to a doctor...

Or... Throw a pool party and then just randomly start rubbing soap all over him. I dunno, he needs to get told though, especially if he is beginning to smell. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks? lol

This situation demands you tell him straight.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him, take a bath of gtfo! I wouldn't be able to live with someone who couldn't take a shower at least 3 times a week...

ReputationRep:
    Sue him for being an offence to humanity.

And then hose him down.

ReputationRep:
    Christ, imagine what's living behind his foreskin!

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: that's disgusting. I hope he doesn't go out trying to pull.

I've never understood some guys who attempt to pull when they have BO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    Christ, imagine what's living behind his foreskin!
    :puke: girls have a right to know what is going into them, I hope he tells them.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him to have a shower because he stinks!

ReputationRep:
    Girls can we stop bashing us men for being smelly please, we all know thats why your secretly attracted to us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    Throw a bucket of **** on him? Then he'll have to shower... If that plan fails, move out.
    I like your sig

ReputationRep:
    Pay someone to rape him so that he feels so dirty all he can do is shower.

ReputationRep:
    i haven't showered for 8 days. no big deal really. normally i have one every 2-4 days.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him - maybe he doesn't realize he stinks Or buy him a shower gel for an early christmas present, maybe he'll take the hint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi basically i'm a student living with 2 lad mates but one of them hasnt had a shower for literally 3 weeks and is starting to smell really bad. me and my flat mate want to say something to him because our livingroom is starting to stink but we dont know how to go about it without making him or us feel awkward, we really need some help on how we can sort the situation out.. any advice?
    what i have always do in this situation is bring the cleaning powrer to the offendor. if he wont go to the shower, bring the shower to him the trick is to mix bleach and ammonia to make a really powerful shampoo and then pour it over your friend while he sleeps, then run out of his room closing the door behind you. it'll sort your problems man.

ReputationRep:
    take him to a foam party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jolteon)
    what i have always do in this situation is bring the cleaning powrer to the offendor. if he wont go to the shower, bring the shower to him the trick is to mix bleach and ammonia to make a really powerful shampoo and then pour it over your friend while he sleeps, then run out of his room closing the door behind you. it'll sort your problems man.
    but be careful not to add more bleach than ammonia or ammonia than bleach because either way it will explode in your face. equal parts won't explode.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe leave him a little note highlighting how you feel? It's what I'd do *shrug*:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    but be careful not to add more bleach than ammonia or ammonia than bleach because either way it will explode in your face. equal parts won't explode.
    to obi broders you listen. might be best to mix in an empty bottle, put cap down fast in any case and throw at your friend from a distance.

ReputationRep:
    I bet he doesn't like having the crap beaten out of him either, give him a choice between the two.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.