Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you like songs of Asia? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a student from Taiwan. I love listening to Asian songs, for example, the songs of YeeChing Chan, Sodagreen, Yanzi Sun, etc. So I wonder whether you like Asian songs and what Asian songs impressed you most? Thanks~

ReputationRep:
    Yes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaNt5...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Bollywood! :bhangra:

I don't understand Mandarin. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    No. I don't understand it.

ReputationRep:
    All I can say is that Japanese pop music is some of the stupist, bat-****-insane terribad noise I have ever heard in my life.

I'd rather cut my own ears off with blunt razorblades and then eat them than have to listen to a full concert or album.

ReputationRep:
    wtf is going on tsr today?

There is a whole wave of spammy threads apparently about asian this and asian that.]

My spidey senses tell me that there is a troll about...

ReputationRep:
    Munni Badnaam Hui <3

ReputationRep:
    im currently listening to eason chan :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    From Japan I have an endless list of music I like. X Japan, Ayumi Hamasaki, Shiina Ringo, Ulfuls...

From Taiwan I like Jolin sometimes, but find her a bit too 'poppy'. However, her latest album is a nice change from the past. S.H.E. is also quite good sometimes - their latest album has some decent numbers on.

From Mainland China, the industry isn't so big and is hugely lacking in originality, but I love Faye Wong. Everyone knows her pretty much. There are a few more artists that aren't bad, but I can't call them to mind. I'm afraid I can't remember anyone specific from Hong Kong.

As for Asian music from India, etc, I haven't really heard anything before so couldn't say.

ReputationRep:
    NO! Not the chinese/korean ****. My mate is from bangladesh and he introduced me to some 'south asian metal' (yah that's what just I call it) and it's :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I thought this thread was entitled "Do you like songs of Asda?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryRepeating)
    All I can say is that Japanese pop music is some of the stupist, bat-****-insane terribad noise I have ever heard in my life.

I'd rather cut my own ears off with blunt razorblades and then eat them than have to listen to a full concert or album.
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Songs of Asia....

There's an Asian version of Songs of Praise?!?!?! :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I love a bit of Lollywood.

ReputationRep:
    They're good ... but it depends on what you're looking for. Malay music is just <insert adjective here>. :shifty: Chinese/Taiwanese pop sound the same to me for some reason, and Korean music isn't really my style. I think Japanese soundtrack music is lovely, although I don't like groups like Morning Musume. Indonesian music is quite eclectic and you'll love it if you're into indie, alternative-rock, ballads, jazz ... or if you just want a laugh, because some of our songs are really funny. Artists from the Philippines have tremendous talent, but I've only listened to one Tagalog song, which was by Charice, so I can't really comment further. The only Thai songs I've ever tried listening to were by Tata Young, who has a really sultry vibe, but I can't speak for the entire industry. I haven't listened to any artists from India, Pakistan or the Middle East (except Harel Skaat :love:). If you count Russia as an Asian country then Russian music is lovely. Ever tried Julia Savicheva?

I try to listen to music from all over the world, if you're wondering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryRepeating)

I don't know. I quite like this song, though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't listen to much very much music from Asia, but I've found a couple of songs that take my fancy

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies~~!!
    Some of comments were interesting and cool!!:yy::yy: And thanks for your advice, ''asparkyn''. I'm amazing that you have listened to many different countries music. ''Russian music is lovely''~ that's right!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.