Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I recently submitted my application to Royal Holloway and I would love to find out what my chances are of being admitted. There doesn't seem to be much information available as to the average test scores and GPA of international students. I know what the admissions requirements are, but I would like to get an idea of what my chances are. I am applying as an international student to the Spanish (ba) program.
    Thank you so much!

Here are my details:
    i have experience in spanish competitions and travel abroad.
    UNWEIGHTED GPA: 3.4
    WEIGHTED GPA: 4.7
    ACT: 30
    SAT: 1800
    AP ENGLISH EXAM: 3
    AP US HISTORY EXAM:3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robyn.Schlotfeldt)
    Hello! I recently submitted my application to Royal Holloway and I would love to find out what my chances are of being admitted. There doesn't seem to be much information available as to the average test scores and GPA of international students. I know what the admissions requirements are, but I would like to get an idea of what my chances are. I am applying as an international student to the Spanish (ba) program.
    Thank you so much!

Here are my details:
    i have experience in spanish competitions and travel abroad.
    UNWEIGHTED GPA: 3.4
    WEIGHTED GPA: 4.7
    ACT: 30
    SAT: 1800
    AP ENGLISH EXAM: 3
    AP US HISTORY EXAM:3
    Do you have any idea what this might equate to in terms of British qualifications? You might get a better answer by emailing or phoning the admissions tutor from your department - they'd be able to give you a much better answer about their requirements.

This page says the typical requirements are 32 points in the IB if that gives you any indication. It also says:

All applicants are considered on their individual merits and you are encouraged to contact the Admissions Tutor for Modern Languages on 01784 41 4310 with any queries you may have, or email [email protected].
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I have no idea what the British equivalents are , I will look into that and thank you for the contact information!

ReputationRep:
    Ask the department for the course you're applying for - they'll have conversion tables for your qualifications.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.