Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Timing: early Spring, upstate NY
    Location: crazy beautiful, old Victorian building with tons of original detail. huge vaulted ceilings, stained glass, just very classic and a stunning 1860's building. Ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in the same building (3 separate rooms, each unique), unless it happens to be unseasonably warm then the ceremony will be in the garden outside.

Ceremony will probably start 5 ish, followed immediately by cocktails and party.

I think we have decided that we don't want to require guests to wear black tie, and I would prefer to not make my wedding party (likely only 2 guys) rent a specific tuxedo since they already own one. and I'm not even positive I want to wear a tux/dinner jacket - however I am sure I want to wear something fun and festive. I'm not really concerned about wearing my outfit for business as well, though that could always be a plus.

mostly, I just don't want to wear something that could be mistaken for a business suit. and if my outfit could match with the Victorian surroundings, that would be awesome.What do u think about this Fossil Men's Bradley Wool Peacoat?Is it perfect for wedding?

anyways, any ideas? should I only be looking at dinner jackets/tuxedo's?

ReputationRep:
    Well considering all you've said, it sounds like you're not really wanting a proper suit? something festive and fun?

Personally, however, if i went to the expense of getting a lovely traditional venue which as you say is classic, I'd have to go for something like
    http://www.moss.co.uk/pws/hire/weddi...ing_suits.html

That sorta design, like the lingfield looks quite classy. I wouldn't tone it down, considering it IS your wedding!

That's me though.

EDIT: not too sure if this is just for you going to a wedding or its actually your wedding.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.