Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I go to college 9-4.30 3 days a week, i have a placement on a Tuesday in a hospice ward and I work in a shop doing 3x 4hour shifts a week. I'm in my second year of a health studies course which is completely coursework, so it takes up a lot of time, I like to spend a long time on my work but can't do that any more and am struggling to get distinctions which I have always achieved.

One day a week I will leave the house at 7am and not get back in until half 9, then another day I will leave at 7am and not get back till 11pm. (this is because I go to college and then go to work) and then I work on sundays

I have a few midwifery interviews, all of which require presentations and research, and I just haven't got time for it because I'm always sleeping

I know jobs are really hard to come by, and I have never really been out of employment since I was 14, but I feel like as this is my second year I need to make a big effort so that I get my grades and hopefully get into uni

Do you think I should leave? I'm sposed to go in tonight but I really just want to catch up with all of my work for college but i don't know what to say to them

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not leave but can you speak to a manager about reducing your hours slightly to give you more study time? They should be understanding given your college timetable and commitments to learning! Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.